Anyone booked to go to Disneyland CA?

paul_toria96

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just booked to go back to California for a week in February and only doing Disney.

Last trip was just me and DH, but this time we are taking DD (22), wondering if there are any must do's for a die hard WDW fan?
Food and wine is starting whilst we are there.

We are going for 7 nights and at the moment we are getting a 5 day ticket, I know most people can do it in 1 or 2 days but we like to sit and watch the world go by and love the slow pace of DL

We are going for 7 nights and at the moment we are getting a 5 day ticket, I know most people can do it in 1 or 2 days but we like to sit and watch the world go by and love the slow pace of DL
Yep. I went in 2019 for 8 nights. Got 5 and a 4 day hopper tickets to cover it (including the evening of arrival day and most of departure day plus 7 full days). Apart from a day at Knott's Berry Farm (after which I spent the evening in DL/CA) I was basically in the parks every day. It was really nice to be able to just stroll around, catch a ride or get a coffee or snack and sit on a bench watching people rushing around.
And by departure time I was content to leave, no regret, which is how I like a holiday to be.

I haven't been since 2018 but for us it was Radiator Springs, Indiana Jones and ToT (but not sure if the Marvel overlay has been removed now). We had 4-day tickets, for 2 days in each park so didn't bother with park hoppers. I would love to go back.

but not sure if the Marvel overlay has been removed now
No, GotG: Mission Breakout is a permanent change and is now part of the Avengers Campus.

(It actually has a temporary 'Monsters After Dark' overlay of its own in the late afternoon-evening during September/October (Halloween season). It's a scream ... )

No, GotG: Mission Breakout is a permanent change and is now part of the Avengers Campus.

(It actually has a temporary 'Monsters After Dark' overlay of its own in the late afternoon-evening during September/October (Halloween season). It's a scream ... )
Ooh that sounds good. Of course I would always need to have access to the original Twilight Zone at WDW, but think it's a good idea to vary the overlays at other parks to give variety and a reason to visit. Our overriding memory is Cars Land, especially Radiator Springs Racers, so much better than Test Track IMHO.

Our overriding memory is Cars Land, especially Radiator Springs Racers, so much better than Test Track IMHO.

LOL, horses for courses! I prefer Test Track. Several reasons...although I'm a Disney parks fan I'm not a characters/princess/movie type person so I find most of Radiator Springs Racers annoying, I can take it or leave it. The fact that Test Track is an original production and not tied to Disney cartoon characters is a big plus for me. The racing bit at the end is fun, but actually it's not as thrilling, exciting or as fast as Test Track's finale. And the ambient music in Test Track, oh, it gives me tingles.

Of course I would always need to have access to the original Twilight Zone at WDW,
The different physical system at WDW means they couldn't do anything equivalent to Mission Breakout there.
Not to say Disney couldn't do a re-theme of some sort, but the split lift system at WDW is limiting.

I love DLR, went in January for 5 days and going back in September for Oogie Boogie Bash 🙃

Trader Sam's is always a must for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter