Anyone bitten by the DCL cruise bug???

goofydadeo

Mouseketeer
We've definitely been bitten by the DCL cruise bug - we have already booked cruise #4 on 1/16/2003 (and we haven't sailed on #3 yet - 4/5/2003)! This will be our 1st 3 day and our 1st sailing on the Wonder. We've only ever done 7 days before (Eastern 11/24/2001 and Western 5/24/2002) so I would love to hear from some verteran 3 day cruisers too! How did you make the most of your 3 days? Aren't DCL cruises great!!! Anyone else becoming a cruise nut too? :earsboy:

We're awaiting our first cruise 1/11/03, and I'm already a little nervous about just that. We live across the country, so I may go into serious withdrawal from the look of things. Right now I am SO envious of Florida residents.

I love DCL cruising...and yes I could be on board constantly. I always try to watch the ships leaving port and say " if only I could be there ".....Wishing upon a star !!!!!

Bitten by the cruise bug? I would say that 3 cruises in 12 months qualify us as infected!!

I would think, though, that if you've been on a 7 day, you will be disappointed by a three day. MUCH too short!! Our first cruise ever was a three day Wonder last November, which wasn't long enough. In January booked a four day for this November, but couldn't wait that long, and took a 7-day Eastern in March. After being on the ship for a week, came home and changed this fall's cruise to a 7-day. Just coudn't see spending less time on the ship. The only downside is that since we are locked into a particular week in November because of school schedule, we are repeating the Eastern itinerary. Would have liked to take the Western. Maybe next year!!

I check the web-cam often, and if I'm lucky in my timing can see a ship sail south on the twopalms website. Then I play the "When You Wish Upon a Star" horn and my daughter and I go "boo hoo" since we're not on it!

Karen
Wonder 11/01
Magic 3/02
Magic 11/02

I think we were bitten by the overall Disney bug. DH and I grew up in San Diego and made countless trips to DLand. WDW was totally different and I never expected to have so much MORE fun there.

We did a land and sea last year and I don't have any regrets about the three day cruise. After running around the MK and AK for four days, we intended just to relax and did exactly that (ressie scramble, just enjoyed time together).

That being said, we loved the cruise so much we booked a 7-day while still on board. And of course, we have a land and sea booked for 2004 so that we can get our fix of the parks.

I guess you can say we are hooked :p :p :p :p :p :p

We aren't even going on our first one until Nov. 2003 and I can't stop talking about it.
I've got the Disney Disease bad!!

I suppose you might say that we're bitten...either that, or we're just gluttons for punishment. We're taken 23 so far, have three in a row schedule for the end of this month, plus one in Nov., and something like 8 or 9 booked for next year.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb and Tony have to be the king and queen of the colony. They have been bitten soooo many times we have mouse ears growing !! LOL

DCL cruising is totally addicting. We all love WDW and have made several trips to Disneyland. And you should see my office on campus - it is a cubical but I've pinned up Disney border. So I'm definitely a Disney fan.

But the cruise is awesome - haven't been as much as we'd like with kids in middle/high school. We did 3, then 4 and are awaiting our 7 anxiously. When given the choice no one hesitated and said let's go for the 7 day. Disney fix and the cruise.:earsgirl:

We'll be going on #6 for Christmas this year (Western 7-day). I love this board because it's the only place where you don't feel like a nut for doing the Disney Cruise multiple times.

Unfortunately, my husband is only mildly into DCL. In fact, he loves to make fun of my obsession. We work together and he always makes fun of the fact that I have the DCL horn wave file set up to signal that I have a new e-mail. But what can I say? I think its a perfect reminder of one of the things I'm working so hard for.

Luckily my parents and daughter also love DCL so I never have a shortage of traveling companions.

P.S. Barb is my hero!

We have been Disney nuts for years and go quite often but this will be our first cruise and can't wait! I have been driving my husband crazy reading these boards (although I have found some very useful info. so he's happy!) I have been wanting to do the cruise since we first heard they were going to have a cruise line and we always thought it was just out of our reach price wise. But now that I've done some more research and have looked at the savings by booking early, we could have done a 7 day this year for the $$ we spent on our last Disney trip in Feb. (We just booked our cruise a couple of weeks ago.)
So now I am already wanting to plan our next cruise for a 7 day late next year. Haven't really talked to my husband about that one too much yet. He'll panic! He loves doing Disney and staying on property, etc, so I'm hoping he will love this just as much!
I love gathering all the info and getting the scoop on everything.
Once I start planning a trip he know's I am in my element.
I really enjoy these boards! Thanks everyone! :sunny:

have done 4 and 2 planned one in Dec. and one in May
but i dont think we have been bitten do U...
peter

Hey JilllovesDisney,

How did you manage to get your wave file of the horn to signal your email? I have the wave file on my computer but now I must get my IT guru working on that!

Deb

I have definitely been bitten by the bug! We're planning our first cruise and I'm ready to book a second one already! Thank you to everyone here for all their helpful information! :cool:

Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily

How did you manage to get your wave file of the horn to signal your email?

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Sounds

You'll get a dialog box with a list of Sound Events. Scroll down to "New Mail Notification". Select it. Then click on Browse. That will bring up a file open dialog box. Find your horn .WAV file. Select it. Click OK until all the dialog boxes are closed.

We're from California. Used to live 6 blocks from Disneyland. We would sit on our 2nd floor balcony and watch the fireworks all summer!

Needless to say, we have been to D-Land more times than can be counted. It is still, (if only because of sentimentality), the best Disney park in the world.

So what do we do every year???

Get on a plane and fly aaaaaall the way to Florida so we can go on a cruise!

I'd call that 'bitten by the cruise bug', eh? :)

We go again in 2 months. Can't wait. DCL is the best!!!!!!!!

'Beano'

:cool:

It is sooooo easy to catch the DCL bug. We took our first DCL cruise on Sept 12, 2001. 3 day. When we left our DD wanted to schedule another one.

She won. (not a tough fight) We leave for our 2nd DCL on 9/1/02. 4 day this time. We're already talking about the 7 day next year.

Can't wait until 9/1!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks Dave. That is my first order of business when I hit my office this week. I don't keep my email open constantly at home, but work watch out!

Good thing I have a bunch of Disneyphiles around me!:teeth:

I think we are doing 8 and 9 back-to-back western-eastern in September and are planning to do back-to-back again next year for Cruisetoberfest II

It's so comforting to know there are other people out there as in love with the DCL as my husband and I are.

My husband and I did our first 3 night Disney cruise in Sept of 2001 and have been on 2 more since then. DCL has created a monster!! We now finally, have a 7 night Eastern scheduled for this December. I can't hardly wait.....

I am a travel agent, and everyone in our office (with our with out children) has been on the DCL atleast 3 to 4 times and they feel the same way. It's so hard to convince a childless, or sometimes even a family of 5, client that the DCL is the best vacation that they will ever take. Sometimes when people DO book it and they come home to tell me how wonderful it was, we all always want to say, "I told you sooooo".

It's definately addicting, and the most wonderful experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter