Anyone been to the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon yet?

LadyyRedd

<font color=red>Someone stole my toothpaste/Chapst
Anyone been yet? Can you give me details? How was it?

Kimya

I have never been, but we are trying to plan a GC trip and I'm 99.9% sure I would not do that. Couldn't even think about trying to stomach that after seeing the view on TV. :scared1:

Everything I've read on the tripadvisor forums so far about the skywalk has been pretty negative, we'll be spending the night at the Grand Canyon during our trip to Arizona in a couple of weeks and I have no desire to drive several hours to go to the skywalk, it seems like nothing but an expensive tourist trap and it looks so unnatural looking IMO.

From what I have been hearing, there is not much to do there, you can't take your camera on the walkway and it costs over $75 per person to go in. If I ever go, I will wait until they get the place built up a little more. Plus the walkway is not over the main part of the canyon, but a side canyon!

If you want to see the Grand Canyon, head to the South Rim. Great views!!

Is the skywalk in Grand canyon west? Is it a couple hours from the South Rim?

Kimya

Is the skywalk in Grand canyon west? Is it a couple hours from the South Rim?

Kimya

Yes, it is on the west end of the canyon. I believe (but am not sure) that it is actually closer to Las Vegas than the South Rim. I know it is a couple of hours from the South Rim and the road leading to it is not the best. It is on part of the reservation that has not been developed. HTH

Still seems a bit of a rip off :scared1: dont think I would try it I tink that just standing on the tourist areas are better views :thumbsup2

Tony

On a recent trip to the North rim, and float trip down the Glen Canyon section, the skywalk was discussed a few times with various tourguides and the consensus seemed to be that its not worth doing because:
1) you have to go barefoot, and it gets pretty hot out there;
2) you cant take your camera;
3) it is right on the edge of what is considered "Grand Canyon," and so isn't necessarily the view that people expect
(disclaimer--not my opinion and as these people are involved in tourist industry in other areas of the canyon, not necessarily derived from unbiased sources).

Wasn't really an issue for me though anyway; I have a terrible fear of heights so standing out over the Grand Canyon would be like a really pretty form of torture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter