Anyone been to the parks with a broken collarbone?

steve_rob

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?
Had an accident at the weekend and have ended up with a broken collarbone and bruised ribs. Now in six weeks time I'll be going to DLP and while I should be pretty much well on the way to being mended by then (fingers crossed), I may still be a little tender and I was wondering if anyone else had been in my situation and had any advice on what they were and weren't able to do.

Obviously I'm going to avoid all of the rides with shoulder restraints, but for things like BTMR, where it's a lap bar, but you still do get thrown around a little, I'm less sure what my comfort level might be. Anyone with any experience of similar injuries (even if not exactly the same) I'd love to hear of your experiences on all and any attractions.

Last year my daughter had a fall from a horse about 7 or 8 weeks before a trip to Disneyland. It was a bad break and in an adult probably would have required surgery. Her healing happened pretty quickly and she was cleared for activities before our trip - the shoulder restraint rides (space mountain, Calif Screaming) were the only ones we would have worried about and she does not like those. She went on everything else including the bumpy Matterhorn and Indiana Jones. By the time we went on the trip she was not feeling any pain at all, we were just a bit worried as parents.

I'm 40 and it was a clean break and thankfully did not require surgery. The orthopaedic consultant was happy that it was going to heal naturally, but said if I was concerned, I could come back for a second X-Ray at five weeks to double check everything was progressing normally, but this would be just before we go away and so it might be hard for me to get another day off work to do this.

Until then my arm is in a sling plus also a figure of eight brace, with instructions to take it easy and just be patient... not my style at all!

I'm 40 and it was a clean break and thankfully did not require surgery. The orthopaedic consultant was happy that it was going to heal naturally, but said if I was concerned, I could come back for a second X-Ray at five weeks to double check everything was progressing normally, but this would be just before we go away and so it might be hard for me to get another day off work to do this.

Until then my arm is in a sling plus also a figure of eight brace, with instructions to take it easy and just be patient... not my style at all!
Hope you heal quickly. My daughter (11 at the time) only had the sling for a couple of weeks - it would be nice to heal as quickly as the kids do. My guess is that you will be fine for most of them except shoulder restraints, but follow your doctors orders :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter