Anyone been able to drop a UPH in the FTP because they have an AP?

CindysGusGus

<font color=blue>Secretly has the hots for the old
I just read a post on this board (sorry cant remember where) and someone mentioned that it seems as though you can drop a UPH in the FTP if you have an AP, is this true? Has anyone had this happen?? I was told by a CM no, but I was also told the cancellation policy was 45 days, 21 days and 5 days twice.
TIA for responses

No I do not believe you can drop anyone from the pass part of the package, but I did read a poster state she did something about " double occupancy" she counted herself and daughter and husband was left off? and going to use ap pass he already had? Don't really know but she said she had this arranged?

However the cancellation ? is a matter of how you are booking it. There are different policy for Disney club vs. WDTC. and that is the difference you are finding. Also through CRO into that mix and the policies are mind boggling! :rolleyes:

Good luck, MKY :D

I remember that post--I believe she and her daughter were staying double occupancy in the room and using the passes, while the husband would not be listed on the ressie because he had an AP that he needed to use. She said they could let the front desk know at check-in. I don't know how she had it all arranged, though. She said specifically that CRO couldn't do anything to help, it had to be fixed at the front desk.

Thank You all for clearing that up....Still hoping for AP rates for Oct, but at least I have something if they dont. Again, Thanks

I was told at first that all members had to have the package. I was very discouraged, especially after Mary @ Mousesavers predicted no AP rates. Well, as always - call back. I called back and mentioned that I was unhappy because 4 out of our party of 6 had AP's and I only needed passes for 2. The CM said "No problem". The package (w/ DC) is in 2 peoples name but she put a note on our reservation that there would be 4 in the cabin (Ft. Wilderness) that had AP's and did not need passes. I could not believe my good luck and booked on the spot!
After a while I started to get paranoid that it was not OK so I called back another CM and just innocently asked her to read me off my reservation. She read off the part about the AP's and did not miss a beat so I am assured all is OK.
I have not heard of anyone else being offered or allowed to do that but I have had it confirmed.
The ironic part is that AP rates did come out and now I didn't need to do any of that gyrations. Oh well I will enjoy the framed art etc.

Apparently they were willing to do this. The thread below is where I first heard about it.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369814&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

I was curious because when we booked our reservation several months ago, they told us we couldn't buy UPH's in advance for the 2 in our group that don't have AP's. We were told that if one had the UPH, everyone had to have one. They did say that we could purchase them at the desk when we arrived.

I am like a lot of people- We feel like we need a vacation after the stress of planning this dang trip.
Don't get me wrong, I am very glad the discount codes came out but I sure do wish there was a easier way. I fondly look back on our first trip where I called a TA, booked a package w/out a discount and was blisfully unaware. OH well - I DID save$.

Yes I remember our first trip too and then how I kicked myself after I found the DIS, lol!

We don't have AP but I booked the room for just myself and my husband will use our old park hoppers. The CM totally knew that was what I was doing and was fine with it! She even said I don't have to say anything to the desk because the price of a room for two is the same as for one. I only need to mention my husband if we want two keys. We saved $250 for this trip! And since it will be years before we go back, I'd rather save the moola now.

This is very good news for those with an AP! Thanks for the info!

I know how you feel about being stressed!! I started out with an airline discount rate which is 50% off for the room at the Poly for 6nts. 2AD 1JR and 1CH. I still needed to buy the passes! I added 1 more nt. to make it equal with the new FTP and I would be saving $100.00 if I went with the FTP! My head feels like it will explode!! Now I am debating upgrading to poly Concierge. During past trips, we have spent alot of time in the parks only taking mid-day breaks for swimming, and then back to the parks. However, we will be at the Poly for 8 days now!, and we don't have to be so "commando" in the parks!! What should we do??????:confused:

Wow, I finally found this thread, thanks again for the responses, I just saved another $275. My husband has the package in his name and they have me as an accompanying adult. Thanks again!

I need this explained again. I currently have the POly booked for 2 ad. and 2 ch. I really don't want the UPH. Can I booke it just for me with the tickets and then just have my husband and kids staying in the room? Can someone tell me how to do this and any idea how much the price would be then?

Sorry guys - I'm feeling a little slow! How much does it cost for the "extra" person (the individual with the AP) to stay in the room? Do they stay for free, since the rest of the group is already paying for the room and passes?:confused: :confused:

Too bad my wife and I won't be able to take advantage of this package. We both have AP's that expire at the end of November. My son will be the only one who needs passes. He turned 3 in Feb.

I did what the previous poster did, I put the package in my husbands name and they put a note that there would be another adult in the room. I called the AKL and they said they would add me for a room key when I got there. There are 2 adults to a room with no extra charge.

I'm wondering... if someone with the FT package already has park hoppers, could some of the party just use them and not get UPH? Especially if they booked two rooms for a family of 5?

I just called Disney Reservations, because my family has AP passes, and I booked a room last week. I elected to NOT use the FT package, because the rate was higher than just booking a regular room (w/out passes). After reading these postings, I called Disney. Here's what I was told:

If a cast member is caught allowing a guest to book a room under the FT package, and not include all room guests as FT package members, that cast member will be fired. If a guest attempts to check-in, without all room guests as members of the FT package, the other members will either have to be charged the FT rate, or reserve another room. He told me the FT package will not allow guests to stay without the UPH passes included (unless the guest is under 3 years old).

The good news is that his supervisor told me (yes everyone, I did ask to speak to a supervisor to make sure I was getting accurate information) that he's 99.9% sure AP rates WILL be available for the fall. This was after I stated that my AP pass was useless to me, with the FT package available to everyone.

If I was one of you who successfully booked through the FT package for one guest only, I'd hang-tight and check-in as you normally would. You've got nothing to lose!

I was very surprised that they were allowing guests to book the FT package and not insist that all members of the party have UPH's. That's not how they normally do it.

I'd bet since you've made them aware of this happening, they've pretty much informed the CM's that they can't do this, so I doubt anyone else will be able to do this.

I really don't think the CM's were trying to sneak anything by anyone. I choose to believe it was an honest mistake. But it apparently was a mistake of their making so they're pretty much hung with the few reservations they made this way. I seriously doubt that they're going to try and change the terms of the reservations they booked, regardless of what they told you.

I totally understand them not allowing this to continue. It really negates the whole reason behind this discount package and just opens the door to all kinds of inventive abuses.

Yes, Peachgirl, I agree. They should honor reservations where terms have been written into the description by a cast member. I would think they'd HAVE to honor it. They can't say, "Sorry, but we can't honor what we wrote!"

And, so everyone knows, I did not blow the whistle. I simply asked if I could hold the reservation with the FT package, and have my husband and son and daughter simply accompany me.

The best part, is when you actually get to WDW, you forget about all this stuff!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter