anybody know where to send a complaint to macys?

ziggystardust

DIS Veteran
I've had a lot of wrong information told to me and I'd like to send a letter or email. and their website just sends you in circles.

thanks!!

The only thing I see is under "Contact Us" where you can tell them about a store experience or you can contact the store correctly..

Otherwise, I would call the manager, and ask to get the number of their District Manager..

Hope it works out! :goodvibes

its actually wrong information from their customer service people. so frustrating.

I would actually send an email under the "tell us your experience" AND call and speak to the store manager..all the customer service reps need to have the same information as the next customer service rep, which probably needs to be relayed from the Store Manager

I'd send a letter to the attention of the CEO.

Terry Lundgren is the Chairman, President, and CEO.
151 W. 24th St.
New York, NY 10001
212-494-1602

His office is in NYC, even though Macy's corporate is in Ohio.
7 West Seventh Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

When you write the letter. Close the letter with these words

"The courtesy of a reply is expected"

Works every time--Lundgren won't personally respond to your letter, but it won't get blown off in some customer service repository either. You will get a response this way--as long as your letter is concise and your issues aren't loony.

I'd send a letter to the attention of the CEO.

Terry Lundgren is the Chairman, President, and CEO.
151 W. 24th St.
New York, NY 10001
212-494-1602

His office is in NYC, even though Macy's corporate is in Ohio.
7 West Seventh Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

When you write the letter. Close the letter with these words

"The courtesy of a reply is expected"

Works every time--Lundgren won't personally respond to your letter, but it won't get blown off in some customer service repository either. You will get a response this way--as long as your letter is concise and your issues aren't loony.

thank you. I just sent a response on their website, but i will also send a formal letter tomorrow.

thanks!

Here is a link to contacting top management. Usually tghis will get a response from a very high-level person.

Hope you manage to sort out your issues. I'm from the UK and I love to shop in Macy's every time we visit the US. The staff can't do enough to help..

Good luck. I complained about one of their employees calling me a RICH B**CH to my face. Heaven knows why, trust me, you'd look at me and never think that, but she did. I went through all the chains and hoopla and all they said was well, I guess she was having a bad day. HELLOOOO. That is it, no we are sorry, no nothing. Just well, I guess she was having a bad day. Oh, I forgot to mention there were about 5 people in line after me that even told the store manager what had happened. THEY DON'T CARE!!!

I emailed about a store complaint last year and was pretty much told the same thing as a PP, that they were sorry but it was too bad. I waited at the Lancome counter for nearly half an hour while I was ignored, and they'd help someone else as soon as they walked up. I gestured a few times and said, "Can you please help me?" and they made eye contact, but never approached me. On the PLUS side, that's how I started my MAC addiction since I gave up and went to Nordstrom's. :thumbsup2

Not sure about Macy's, but I had a horrid situation with Warner Brothers' online store. I called 3 times and was told the only way I could get a refund was to return the merchandise that was delivered in Ohio (I live in Wisconsin). Emails went unanswered.
I finally posted a comment on their Facebook page, and within 12 hours I got a phone call, a refund and my purchase re-shipped via next day air.

Not sure about Macy's, but I had a horrid situation with Warner Brothers' online store. I called 3 times and was told the only way I could get a refund was to return the merchandise that was delivered in Ohio (I live in Wisconsin). Emails went unanswered.
I finally posted a comment on their Facebook page, and within 12 hours I got a phone call, a refund and my purchase re-shipped via next day air.

I had a similar issue with target this Christmas. My purchase was delivered upstate and I got that person's. The customer service told me I had to return in store, in store they said that my return would be crediting this other person's and basically when and if the other person returned my items, is when I would get a refund, and my correct order processed again. It was ridiculous.

I've had a lot of bad luck with presents this year.

Macy's has the most distasteful customer interactions I have ever experienced. I can't call it customer "service" because it isn't. It took me four separate occasions of abuse from their employees, but now I refuse to shop there or receive gifts that I know are from that store. It took so many bad experiences because we don't have a lot of choices here where I live, and I kept hoping "one more try" but they were consistently evil to me.

My last time ended with me writing to the president of the corporation, along with returning a gift certificate I had received as a gift, telling him I wouldn't even get something there for free because I hate them so much now. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter