Anybody have any info on Valdosta, GA..

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
We are probaly gonna spend the night there on our way to Disney and was wondering if there is some things we can go to while we stop there..
:)
Thanks in advance..:)

Yes -- The most important thing to remember when driving through Valdosta is: DON'T SPEED!

Valdosta is widely known as the speed trap of the Southeast. AAA even identifies it as such on their Trip-Tics.

You might also want to buy gas there -- it's significantly cheaper in Georgia than Florida.

Lisa:cool:

A friend of mine, just came back from there. There is a small "theme park" there called "Wild Adventures". Its a small park but there is lots to do. It only cost 30.00 to get in, and it is not crowded at all.:rolleyes: She said there was about 50 people in the WHOLE park when she was there.:eek: It stays open till 10:00pm.

Wild adventures is a lot of fun. Lots to do for little ones and 3 good big coasters. While ti certainly isn't WDW it beats the pants of off SF over GA. It is like a very small scale Busch Gardens. there are a few animal shows and displays.

Stop before you get to Valdosta, in Adel. It's about 20 minutes north of Valdosta, exit 39. I work there at the Christmas Factory, King Frog Outlet Mall. Come see me!:D

We got cheap gas and good rooms too! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :wave:

Valdosta is about 45 mins away from where I live. Wild Adventures is about 15 mins away from vtown, in Lake Park. Just be careful to go the right direction once you get on the interstate to go to WA,turning the wrong way can lead you to Adel. (my sister found out about that first hand! hehe) There is a small mall in vtown, has your typical belks,sears, pennys, AE, Rue 21, things like that and a target is across the street. Depending on when you will be going through, there might be something neat going on at the college.
If you have any more questions, Im sure my mom can answer them!! (and it will prolly make alot more sense than my writing after being at band and dance all day!!!!:))

Oh, that town brings back bad memories for me! A very long time ago on a family trip to WDW with our parents (me and llfowl), our car broken down in Valdosta, GA when we were on our way to Florida. Would you believe that it also broke down again in Valdosta on the way back home! We've never stayed in Valdosta again and I always get nervous when we approach it. Silly, huh?!

Beth

Brings back terrible memories for me too!!! DSis and I remember all too well!

Wish I could recommend somewhere for you guys to stay and some fun things to do there.

Good luck!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!