Anybody Gluten Free eat at BOG yet?

Lemonademouth

DIS Veteran
We have a res for 4-23 and I'm extremely excited that we even were able to grab it since I was hearing they were booked through June! My question is had anyone living the gf food style eaten here yet? If so is it as great as the non-gf people have said?

I am interested in this as well. We are going in Feb and unfortunately because we had to change our dates we lost our dinner ADR. But we are thinking we may try lunch there one day. Our DS was just diagnosed in Dec with a wheat allergy so this is our first time in WDW being gluten free. I really want to try BOG but if DS is going to have issues with the GF menu, then we will skip it.

On our recent trip (Christmas-New Years) we ate there for dinner twice. My mom and I both have Celiac Disease and it was awesome!!! The chefs were really friendly and many things were naturally gluten-free.

They brought out gluten free bread to the table and they actually warmed the rolls before they gave them to us. We had the potato leek soup. I'm pretty sure that the french onion soup can also be modified so it can be gluten free (We never actually ordered it). For entrees everything besides the sauteed shrimp and scallops they can do gf. The fries are made in a dedicated fryer so they were safe.

For dessert, they have the gluten-free, sugar-free cream puff. They also have sorbet or fresh fruit. We avoid artificial sweeteners and there is only so much sorbet one person can have in a week. We got a cup of chocolate mousse and raspberries for dessert.

Overall we loved our meal and we'll definitely go back to Be Our Guest for dinner! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer them for you!

My husband (gluten free) and I went for lunch the week before Christmas and then for dinner on January 15.

He can't remember what he had for lunch but it was very good.

Dinner was amazing. I had read so so reviews on the food and we were blown away (both gf and not). Since this is about gf let me just say he had the ratatouille (sp?) because he had never had that and ate every bit. They brought his food separate as well as his rolls and salted butter. Additionally he was offered extra rolls. He also had the gf dessert described above and enjoyed it as well. Like the previous poster they told him he could have everything but one of the dinner items (modified) and I forget which one it was now but he certainly had a lot more options than some days.

All of us enjoyed our food immensely and would not hesitate to return.

Liz

Just had lunch at BOG this past weekend. Had the steak sandwich. It was one of the best meals I have had at WDW. Had the lemon raspberry puff (GF) would have been better if it was chocolate, but it was good.;)

livndisney said:
Just had lunch at BOG this past weekend. Had the steak sandwich. It was one of the best meals I have had at WDW. Had the lemon raspberry puff (GF) would have been better if it was chocolate, but it was good.;)

How was the bread? Did it fall apart like the buns at the quick service?

livndisney said:
No it was actually quite good. I did not think to ask if it was udis. The bread was more bun like and been warmed. I cut the sandwich in half and nothing fell apart.

Was you able to complete your order at the kiosk without talking to a chef or manager. I know they added allergy options to the kiosk but wondering if you was able to do it using the kiosk.

Was you able to complete your order at the kiosk without talking to a chef or manager. I know they added allergy options to the kiosk but wondering if you was able to do it using the kiosk.

My husband was - there is a spot where you click your allergy/special food need and if it is listed you just order right there. Very handy.

Liz

Traveliz said:
My husband was - there is a spot where you click your allergy/special food need and if it is listed you just order right there. Very handy.

Liz

Thanks hopefully they expand and offer that at all quick services and make it easier for other guest with multiple allergies. But I still think Disney dose not allow multiple ones on the kiosk so you have to talk to the chef to make sure you get the food you can eat.

Liz

Everyone was directed to a cashier. The cashier placed the order and called for a chef.

livndisney said:
Everyone was directed to a cashier. The cashier placed the order and called for a chef.

Weird we had two different experiences. We never saw a chef. My husbands food was brought to the table separately though by a manager type.

Loz

disney david said:
Thanks hopefully they expand and offer that at all quick services and make it easier for other guest with multiple allergies. But I still think Disney dose not allow multiple ones on the kiosk so you have to talk to the chef to make sure you get the food you can eat.

Oh I know there was a list of allergies but he only has celiac's so he is good with the gluten free options. You are right though that multiple allergies would be more difficult to order through a kiosk.

Liz

Traveliz said:
Oh I know there was a list of allergies but he only has celiac's so he is good with the gluten free options. You are right though that multiple allergies would be more difficult to order through a kiosk.

Liz

They tested an iPad with allergy info at brown derby last year so wonder if they took what worked with that and put in into this. I think they should have an iPad or something that you can look at while waiting so when you talk to the chef you have some ideas what can be done.

I went to BOG for lunch last week, I am Celiac and DH and DS are not..

I went to a cashier..they were directing all "special" folks to a cashier for the order..the GF menu came up on screen and the cashier told me what I could eat..I ordered the Tuna Nicoise Salad , Dh had the ham sandwich and DS had the turkey sanwich. A manager brought my stuff seperately, then DH and DS had theres come on the cart. Maybe cause it was low season, but they gave us dessert..Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake for them and a Lemon-raspberry cream puff -filled with lemon custard GF for me..It was very good..I normally dont like cream puffs but this was wonderful.

It was very good , enough so that we will come back..

Thank you so much I have a dinner ADR next month and I am excited, but now even more so to know they are accomodating. This is my first trip since finding out about my allergy and going GF but I know how sick I get if I slip even just a little bit so I am so worried about good food and this sounds perfect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter