Anybody else experiencing problems with Dreamsunlimited?

bornwiththeears

Disney Addict
Last year we booked our WDW trip with DUL - wonderful agent -helped us so much. this year we were told (after we received our quote) that we could not pick our agent, one was assigned. I cannot get anyone to answer my emails. I sent one to priorityseatings to make a correction in reservations - no reponse at all. I emailed the person (3 times) who confirmed our reservations - no response. Anybody else having any difficulties?

When asking for a quote on our trip I emailed both Dreamsunlimited and Magical Journys it, took 3 days to get a response from Dreamsunlimited and within an hour from Karen at Magical Journys. She always replies within minutes of my emailing her and is very helpful.

Is there a phone number that you can try?

I will try to find a phone number. What concerns me is that they gave me an "itinerary" with my priority seatings showing what parks had the extra morning hour and when I compared them to the EMH schedule found on both the dis board and the official website, DUL's was wrong. It has been three weeks since I emailed in my priority seating change and nothing ever happened. I finally just called Disney myself and finished my reservations. I won't ever use them again.

If you worked with an agent in the past you can request that agent again. If it is your first time they will assign an agent.

After getting the quote, I did request the agent we used last May but was informed that they now assign an agent to you when the reservations are made. We were not allowed to use the same agent (even though she was wonderful.)

I tried to book last year with them during free dining. It took 5 days for anyone to get back to me with a quote (after I sent it in again! and emailed). I ended up just calling disney myself. I usually do it myself and thought I would give a TA a try but just didn't work out for me.

Wow I have never had that problem with them and I book with DU every year. I just booked our summer trip 3 weeks ago and was able to pick the same TA that I always use. I know that their system was down a couple of days ago because when I sent in my ADRs it took an extra day to get confirmations added to our itinerary but my TA emailed me to let me know what was going on.

I PMd you their number.

I'm planning our 2nd trip with DU....No problems the first time, and so far no problems the 2nd time. Our consultant is the same for both trips and she is great to work with! :cool1:

I've used DU exclusively for years, and never had any problems with either prompt replies or choosing my agent - as I did just a few weeks ago when I booked our next trip. Strange...

My family is using DU for the first time for our Sept. trip. So far, I've been extremely pleased with the service I have received. I'm hoping this doesn't change.

We have used DreamsUnlimited several times and have never had a problem with them. Each time we have used the same agent, even for our upcoming trip in September 2006.

We're using DU for the first time this year (first trip, too), and we've had nothing but prompt response to emails and everything's been booked quickly for us. We even changed resorts several times. :blush:

That said, I don't know if I'd use a TA again, simply because I research everything myself too, and I've found that in several cases, I've known the most updated information before my DU TA did. I had to ask her to check again about several things. So I think I could do it on my own next time.

Question: since my TA booked all my ADRs, if I need to change any, can I do it myself, or ask her to change them? Either way is fine, but I thought I couldn't do it myself since the reservation is "owned" by DU at this point. :confused3

I got one agent for the room reservations and different agent for my ADRs. I'm having a problem trying to change my lunch reservations at MGM. I emailed her Fri. morning and I haven't heard back from her about it.

She made lunch reservations at Sci-Fi for 1:40 p.m. and then for dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package) the only time she could get for us was 3:40 p.m.!!!!!!! We would probably have enough time to leave Sci-Fi and walk straight to our dinner reservations....

I've asked her to please move up my lunch reservations to around 11:15 so I could be hungrier for dinner. From what I understand the Fantasmic dinner package is a set price for all members of your parties and I'd rather not waste food or our money.

If I don't hear back from her or see my reservations changed, can someone give me the 1-800 number for the ADR's so I could try to change my ADR's myself? (I tried searching the disboards, but it's still not working right - it won't let me search for anything.)

Other than this, my dreams unlimited experience has been positive so far.

you might try calling. Last year we had the same problem with emails not getting returned, turned out my emails were going into my travel agents spam file and she didn't get them. It was easy to fix and they were very apologetic and everything was fine from then on

bornwiththeears said:
After getting the quote, I did request the agent we used last May but was informed that they now assign an agent to you when the reservations are made. We were not allowed to use the same agent (even though she was wonderful.)
If you are using Dreams Unlimited for an on-site resort reservation you are indeed able to pick your agent (if you wish) and if you have booked with Dreams prior you will use the same agent again.

If you are booking with DreamsRES (off-site locations or Swan/Dolphin resorts) the agents that work with Dreams RES are different than the Dreams Unlimited on-site agents.

If you have been assigned to a different agent than you had in the past and you are staying on-site you should contact your agent and the reservations department to advise of this if you wish to work with your original agent once again.

LSUmom4kids--sounds like you are using the DreamsRES division for off-site reservations (or Swan/Dolphin)

I hope this helps.
Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter