Any word on when Cirque du Soleil shows will open at DS?

I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain that I read early on in the pandemic that Cirque du Soleil went bankrupt as a result of the pandemic.

I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain that I read early on in the pandemic that Cirque du Soleil went bankrupt as a result of the pandemic.
They emerged from bankruptcy on 24 November 2020. It is now owned by a former CEO of MGM Resorts and an investment firm

There is nothing anywhere about Drawn to Life being scrapped and is still on the Cirque website. I am sure once they can fully rehears and fill the theater enough to make a profit they will announce an opening date. It looks like all the Vegas shows are still waiting to reopen as well.

Considering they are only currently talking about reopening two of their long established shows mid summer in Vegas, I doubt they will be opening the DS one anytime soon.

There is nothing anywhere about Drawn to Life being scrapped and is still on the Cirque website. I am sure once they can fully rehears and fill the theater enough to make a profit they will announce an opening date. It looks like all the Vegas shows are still waiting to reopen as well.

They permanently closed one and are only currently committed to reopening O and Mystere sometime in July/August.

They permanently closed one and are only currently committed to reopening O and Mystere sometime in July/August.

Yes, sadly, just because there's not a formal announcement that it's cancelled, doesn't mean it's actually going to ever open. And certainly not anytime soon.

We had tickets for last April right as everything was shutting down. I would love to be able to reschedule. I'm hopeful they'll slowly add their profitable shows back in. I get at least one marketing email from Cirque a week, they've maintained an online presense of information about their performers and shows to try to maintain interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter