Any word on concerts yet?

lampshadehead

Mouseketeer
The concert dates are blocked from seasonal passes, so I don't want to purchase a seasonal pass and it turns out there is a concert when I go .

I received an Undercover Tourist email the other day which was advertising updates for Mardi Gras at Universal. It included a number of concert dates (and artists.) It had the following concerts listed:

• Feb. 1: The Roots
  • Feb. 8: Karol G
  • Feb. 15: Bell Biv DeVoe
  • Feb. 16: +Live+
  • Feb. 22: Kool & the Gang
  • Feb. 29: TLC
  • March 7: REO Speedwagon
  • March 8: Dustin Lynch
  • March 13: Luis Fonsi
  • March 14: Flo Rida
  • March 15: Sugar Ray

I received an Undercover Tourist email the other day which was advertising updates for Mardi Gras at Universal. It included a number of concert dates (and artists.) It had the following concerts listed:

• Feb. 1: The Roots
  • Feb. 8: Karol G
  • Feb. 15: Bell Biv DeVoe
  • Feb. 16: +Live+
  • Feb. 22: Kool & the Gang
  • Feb. 29: TLC
  • March 7: REO Speedwagon
  • March 8: Dustin Lynch
  • March 13: Luis Fonsi
  • March 14: Flo Rida
  • March 15: Sugar Ray
Thank you for this, but I wonder what year this is for? Because there is no February 29th in 2021 ...

Doh. The article is talking about this year's Mardi Gras, but the list is referring to last year. Sorry about that. Since I'm not planning on heading to Universal until the Fall, I didn't read the article very closely. (And I can't post a link to the article as the Disboard strips the website name out of the link.)

But a closer read of the article finds the following: "Performances usually begin at 8:30 p.m. on each concert night. Concerts typically take place on select Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout Universal Mardi Gras. Due to social distancing measures currently in place, there won't be scheduled concerts in 2021. Instead, you'll find roving musicians throughout the park. "

So hopefully that means no blackout dates for concerts.

i don't think there are any concerts scheduled this year due to covid. There's no parade either

Thanks everyone. To come back and reply to my own question for anyone interested, not sure if I can link it here, but I found an article, and no concerts seems to be the verdict.

I found an article, and no concerts seems to be the verdict.
TBH, as expected. However, they did have the backstage peek at the Xmas floats last year. Many here said they enjoyed it. Was wondering if they might roll that out for Mardi Gras.popcorn::

They announced the floats would be on view throughout the Park but I wonder if they will also have some in the interior building on display.
I visited for the holidays and was not happy thinking No Parade with nighttime since lighting makes a big difference. I was so surprised to enter this huge warehouse and find everything was shining and bright .
I was so happy and exited with snow falling... Need confetti and beads!

Somehow Universal Studios Orlando Resorts is making my visits way more fun than their competition .
I will visit for the opening day of Mardi Gras and can hardly wait to be happy again! I will report back with trip report!
I have been saving all my Disney money for Universal !
Thank you Mr Disney Chapek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter