Any way to see how booked your cruise is?

Kimer

Earning My Ears
I am curious if our cruise is full - is there any way to find out how full the boat is? We are on the 3/27 Magic

There's no absolute way to know, especially as inventory changes daily. However, you can get a good idea in a couple of ways. Go to either the DCL site or cruiselocator.com...or expedia.com. Work thru the system as if you are placing a reservation for a family of 3. In the DCL system, it will show which categories are available, in most other systems, it will give you 6-8 choices of staterooms in each available category. Repeat the process as if you are 2 adults only.

If you get a choice of 6-8 staterooms in each category, your cruise is not full (or anywhere close.) If you get a difference in availability between a booking with a kid and a booking with 2 adults, you know that cabins are available, but the kid programs are full (for the age you selected). If you only get 2-3 categories available, your cruise is getting full.

It's not accurate, but gives you an idea. Just remember that DCL continues to try to sell the cruise till the date of the sailing, and offers various incentives as the date approaches....like FL resident discounts, special prices to travel agents, specials to cast members, etc. Some of these specials don't kick in till 30 days before sailing. Captain Mickey likes his ship to fill up, even if he has to offer some incredible deals to make it happen.

Good question about population. The other thing to keep in mind for your spring break cruise is the time of year that you're cruising. I've been told by DCL CMs that all peak and regular season cruises sail at capacity. We've been on one that was full and you would never know it.

We've been on several that we were told (by the sign at the port and at guest services) that it was full. However, on one of these, there was a problem in our cabin. After spending the better part of 2 days trying to fix it, we were moved to another cabin....so "full" is relative.

In addition, I've asked how many people were on board on "full" cruises, and had the quote be 300 guests below capacity. Now, some of that reflects cabins with 3 people in a 4 bed cabin....or the Walt suite sailing with 4 people instead of 7. However, I'm sure that some of it reflects empty cabins.

We've also been told that some people just don't show up at the port. Their cabins are held for them until the ship actually sails. Again, in the rare case, these might represent illness/death or other situation where trip insurance would cover.

Bottom line, we've never felt crowded, even on "full" cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter