Any visitors from overseas married at WDW?

marypoppins81

Mouseketeer
i haven't been on her for ages! Well since the app decided not to work anymore. I've also posted the same thread on the UK board here.

Anyway my fiancé and I have decided to get married at the world in October 2017 with our two girls there. Has anyone got married here before and can share their experience?

I am interested in how easy it was to obtain a licence to marry for non US citizens and how to register back home in the UK. Also I would look to book as soon as the 2017 offers go on sale around April/May next year but from what I understand you can only book a wedding 6 months in advance. If so it seems a bit risky in case we commit to a big holiday/honeymoon but then can't get the date we want for the ceremony.

Lastly what is the ceremony like? Do they have somewhere to get hair and make up done? Where did you go for your evening meal?

Thanks! I'm so excited!!!!!

i haven't been on her for ages! Well since the app decided not to work anymore. I've also posted this same thread on the UK board.

Anyway my fiancé and I have decided to get married at the world in October 2017 with our two girls there. Has anyone got married here before and can share their experience?

I am interested in how easy it was to obtain a licence to marry for non US citizens and how to register back home. Also I would look to book as soon as the 2017 offers go on sale around April/May next year but from what I understand you can only book a wedding 6 months in advance. If so it seems a bit risky in case we commit to a big holiday/honeymoon but then can't get the date we want for the ceremony.

Lastly what is the ceremony like? Do they have somewhere to get hair and make up done? Where did you go for your evening meal?

Try the search tool, sometimes just googling gives you more direct responses as well. I believe there are scores of threads from UK brides and many many planning journals as well! Happy planning and welcome!

I have interviewed tons (sorry, tonnes :teeth: ) of UK brides for the Disney Wedding Podcast, so hopefully I can help. I just created a new category of UK Brides for my podcast episodes—I haven't had a chance to tag all the interviews yet, but here's a good start: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/uk-brides/

You might also be interested in joining this Facebook group for UK Disney brides.

I am interested in how easy it was to obtain a licence to marry for non US citizens and how to register back home.

Very easy. All you need is your passport. There are two courthouses within a half-hour's drive from WDW. You are usually in and out within 10-15 minutes. UK couples do not need to register their marriages when they get back home.

Also I would look to book as soon as the 2017 offers go on sale around April/May next year but from what I understand you can only book a wedding 6 months in advance. If so it seems a bit risky in case we commit to a big holiday/honeymoon but then can't get the date we want for the ceremony.

The booking windows are 12 months for Wishes, 8 months for Escape, and 6 months for Memories. Almost all UK brides stress about this and very few of them actually have trouble getting their dates. You guys take such long holidays that if you can be flexible with the date, or even just the time of day or the ceremony location, it is very easy to find one that works.

This is where podcasts and reading trip reports come in. It's different for everyone, and it depends on what type of Disney wedding you have. Memories ceremonies are very short. Escape is pretty short too. Wishes can be longer. Wishes comes with a reception, Escape you might pair with a regular dinner reservation or a private catered event, and Memories is usually paired with a regular dinner reservation.

There are many local makeup artists who will come to your room for hair and makeup - you can search these boards for recommendations. The ones you see the most are Patricia LeJeune, Beauty Speciale, About Face and On-Site Beauty, but there are TONS more.

Looks like the admins merged these duplicate threads!

Last edited:
I too am from the UK and booking an Escape wedding. We have booked our flights and hotel etc. already but aren't able to book our wedding until October this year. It is slightly worrying but I figure that we are there for 2 weeks so as long as we can get married at some point it'll be fine! We have a specific date in mind but are trying to keep flexible as it won't make a huge difference. Our families have also booked a two week trip on the same dates as us.

The Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons book is really, really helpful in figuring so much out when planning from the UK (or anywhere I should imagine!) it's definitely worth grabbing a copy to download.

Good luck with planning everything!

Hi there! I'm from Germany and in the middle of planning an Escape wedding with DFTW. Although it can be frustrating that you have to wait so long, the staff at DFTW is really helpful and almost all the communication is through Email - so don't worry about the time difference.
I have already booked the hotel for our the first week in which (hopefully) the wedding takes place, but I wait a bit for the other stuff, especially flights since it can be much cheaper to stay 1-2 days longer than to fly on a specific date!
Hope this helps and happy planning!

Hi I got married 2007 at wedding pavilion, we booked with Virgin but had really good contact with our Disney wedding planner.
Disboards was amazing help too I found my photograher Randy chapman off this forum and lots of other useful tips.
Enjoy it will be truly magical x

I'm currently planning my February Escape wedding. We have a UK groom and Aussie bride to add to the fun. :love2:

We are using https://www.licensetowedllc.com/ to arrange our license for a few reasons but largely because I need to license BACK from the courthouse ASAP and they are so friendly there and are helping immensely. It's a weight off my shoulders

Accommodation is booked, flights, contract done.

Just down to cake and flower details in the Pavilion and things like that. How to arrange the limo timing.

Does anyone know where you can hear the options for music or what to ask for from Disney? I've asked for Organ music selections as I read that somewhere. Is there anything else I should ask for?

Really looking forward to it!

Sorry to jump your thread but is there an email contact for booking? I'm also booking an escape wedding from the UK for end of next April so keen to get a date penciled in... I submitted a request on the website a week ago and have not heard anything and cannot find any contact numbers..!

We are going to do a champagne tea reception at the Grand Floridian garden rooms after the ceremony. There will only be 5 of us :) Another nice idea I've seen is a wishes cruise in the evening.

Also interested to know about registering the marriage back in the UK - you say we don't have to? How does it work then with a certificate etc?

Sorry to jump your thread but is there an email contact for booking? I'm also booking an escape wedding from the UK for end of next April so keen to get a date penciled in... I submitted a request on the website a week ago and have not heard anything and cannot find any contact numbers..!

We are going to do a champagne tea reception at the Grand Floridian garden rooms after the ceremony. There will only be 5 of us :) Another nice idea I've seen is a wishes cruise in the evening.

Also interested to know about registering the marriage back in the UK - you say we don't have to? How does it work then with a certificate etc?
It's Thanksgiving so I'm not sure I'd bother today but as I started my planning at the start of November for February next year I was also a little keen on the date. So we rang the number on the website and finally got someone to answer at the number for Aulani (I was still tossing up between Aulani and WDW at the time) and she "accelerated" my request for info to a consultant who emailed me later on.

If you're really keen...call them...it's worth the International call. And try the number for Aulani if you're having trouble as they answer more often and still are very lovely and helpful. But as I say with Thanksgiving you might not hear back until next week! CALL: 321 - 939 - 4610

It turned out there were a few dates and times to choose from I just had to avoid Presidents Day and the Marathon which also helped with accommodation.
There's only 5 of us too so we are just doing the cake and celebration then some photos then Dinner for just us at Victoria and Alberts

Happy planning!!

Does anyone know where you can hear the options for music or what to ask for from Disney? I've asked for Organ music selections as I read that somewhere. Is there anything else I should ask for?

You can have any music you like. Disney has the sheet music for a lot of music but if they don't have you just need to provide it and the musician will play it.

April 2016? You can book straight away then. Or April 2017? If 2017 you can't ring until July. The number is on the website, its 321 - 939 - 4610, the first phone call only takes a couple of minutes as they just take your name and number etc and then someone rings you back in a few days.

No you don't need to register your marriage in the UK, your American wedding license is all you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter