Any trouble with refurbished Ipods??

RichNKatHolly

DIS Veteran
This is my last day to order an Ipod for my DF. He would not mind a refurb (would probably appreciate that I didn't pay full price). The difference is $50. I know many of you have ordered the Apple refurbs. Any problems with them?

Thanks!!!!! :cutie:

Nope. All fine - and we've bought several different ones over the years.

Good luck! It's nice to save a few bucks on these - you really can't tell the difference with the refurbs from new...

Thanks!!! Only difference I see is that you can't get it engraved, but that's really fine with me. He may decide he doesn't need or want it.

They come with Apple's warranty so even if you have any trouble you should be fine :thumbsup2
I got one for dd but its for Christmas so she hasn't used it. I had no problems downloading from iTunes and it works, thats all I can tell you for now :)

Thanks!!! Only difference I see is that you can't get it engraved, but that's really fine with me. He may decide he doesn't need or want it.

We usually buy hard cases (on Amazon or whatever) to protect the Ipods, so we probably wouldn't be able to see the engraving anyway. It is worth spending the few bucks (paid $15 for our last case) to protect it from drops. (They ALWAYS get dropped!) You/he may end up doing this too, so the engraving isn't a deal breaker...

Great guys, thanks!!! :lovestruc I'm going to order now. Then I'll pick up a case as well.

Since we moved he has a longer commute and I think the ipod will make it easier.

I bought a refurbished shuffle which was replaced twice and all were non-functioning when they were received; Apple did replace it with a new one so service was very good, but I was disappointed to have the wait and non-functioning product.

From what I read here that is not the norm, but it does happen.

apple refurbs are good. usually just people that sent them right back after purchase.

My Dh has an ipod shuffle refurb the one that clips to a shirt we also had the ipod shffles that were like a USB stick. My finally broke. DH lost his thus I got him the clip shuffle then we found the first again and that one still works well. I would by another refurb anytime I wanted an ipod.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered an 8gb nano. It's the same that I have for myself and have had for years (I paid around $250 from what I remember).

Hopefully we won't have the issues that Bavaria had. Although I think those little shuffles are more likely to have problems. DS had one and that just stopped keeping a charge after 1 year.

All input appreciated. Thanks!!!! :cloud9:

Nope! I've had mine for 2 years and DD has had hers one year with no problem at all.

I had bought my dd and nephew the refurb 1st generation Shuffles two years ago and they both work fine. I just bought my dd a Refurb 8gb Pink Nano (3rd generation) about a week ago to upgrade hers.

We bought DD a refurb nano a couple of years ago, the only problem with it was, when I started it up, everything was in Chinese! Luckily, I had a nano also, so I could use mine to figure out where to go in the Chinese menu to get to "reset language", and was able to change it to English.

No other problems, still going strong!

This is my last day to order an Ipod for my DF. He would not mind a refurb (would probably appreciate that I didn't pay full price). The difference is $50. I know many of you have ordered the Apple refurbs. Any problems with them?

Thanks!!!!! :cutie:

I've had my Nano for 2 years and it's STILL going strong. :)

Crossing my fingers that we don't get a chinese one! LOL

We do have an apple store right in the mall down the road so worst case scenario is that we go there to have whatever could be wrong straightened out.

Thanks again for all the input. I'm excited to have gotten it. Oh, and it shipped already - 4 hours after my order (free!)!!

We bought DD a refurb nano a couple of years ago, the only problem with it was, when I started it up, everything was in Chinese! Luckily, I had a nano also, so I could use mine to figure out where to go in the Chinese menu to get to "reset language", and was able to change it to English.

No other problems, still going strong!

We bought DD one last year and it started up in German. We ended up finding the menu through the internet help and were able to switch the language to English. Otherwise it has been fine.

My 5g Ipod classic is a refurb purchased from the Apple Store. It's still going strong 2 1/2 years later.

I almost wish it would bite the bullet so I could justify getting an Ipod Touch.

I bought DD then 7 a ipod nano refurb. 2 years later it is still going strong, it has been dropped, kicked, even has teeth marks from one of the dogs when she left it on the floor. She uses it daily!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter