Any tricky CP interview questions?

Yeah, I wanted attractions #1, transportation #2, merchandise #3, and from there it didn't matter really. I told my recruiter I'm a model railroader, and I know about running multiple trains on a single line. I thought that would help me with attractions, but I guess it helps with transportation too. In particular, the monorail. They also asked me if I had a driver's license, which I do. So I think because they asked me more transportation questions than any other, that's what I'll get. And if I'm offered transportation, I'll take it. I'll consider myself lucky indeed.

Yeah, I wanted attractions #1, transportation #2, merchandise #3, and from there it didn't matter really. I told my recruiter I'm a model railroader, and I know about running multiple trains on a single line. I thought that would help me with attractions, but I guess it helps with transportation too. In particular, the monorail. They also asked me if I had a driver's license, which I do. So I think because they asked me more transportation questions than any other, that's what I'll get. And if I'm offered transportation, I'll take it. I'll consider myself lucky indeed.

That's great! Please let me know if you get Transportation. You know, Walt had a fascination with trains too!

Good luck man!

I was wondering do they ask you questions like...What are your strengths and weaknesses??? Give me one time you time you had a disagreement/conflict w/ somebody at work/school/etc and tell me how you got over it? Or other stuff like that?

Also what would be your answers on...
If you had an upset guest that was in your face how would you handle the situation?
If a guest had a question and you were not sure how to answer that how can you help accommodate them?

I came to this thread to ask the same thing as GiggleGoddess--do they usually ask those sort of abstract questions like "Name a time you showed leadership qualities"?

I hope not, 'cause I always draw a blank on those sort of questions! :scared:

Is it okay to revive this thread for Spring 2010? We have just over a month before we can apply, and it's never too early to start preparing for the interview!

For the Fall 2009 CPs: were these the questions you were asked as well? Was their anything new?

I'm nervous about math questions. I've mostly used a computerized register system in retail, and I'm not that great at math. Do the shops in Disney have mostly computer based registers or do you really need to be able to do quick math?

I know during the interview they didn't ask me any math questions, and they really concentrated on Merchandise. I believe the systems are computerized, but I won't know that until I get there, so I'm sorry, I can't answer that yet. But I'm sure someone else can!

Basically all the hints stay the same. Smile while interviewing (even on the phone, it does make a difference), don't worry about taking your time, and empathize if you want a particular role.

Is it okay to revive this thread for Spring 2010? We have just over a month before we can apply, and it's never too early to start preparing for the interview!

For the Fall 2009 CPs: were these the questions you were asked as well? Was their anything new?

I'm nervous about math questions. I've mostly used a computerized register system in retail, and I'm not that great at math. Do the shops in Disney have mostly computer based registers or do you really need to be able to do quick math?

Probably the best thing to do is to just keep a small calculator nearby when you do the phone interview, that way you can quickly calculate amounts.

Most merchandise/food locations have registers... the exception are the glow and squeeze breeze carts. It those cases everything is a solid dollar amount ($5, $10, etc.) to make it easier to do the math on the spot.

My number one choice is Merch. what type of questions do they ask?

and what about concierge, Character Attendant, or QSFB?

My number one choice is Merch. what type of questions do they ask?

and what about concierge, Character Attendant, or QSFB?

When I did merchandise, I was asked "what would you do if a guest wanted an item, but the shop was out" or "what would you do if a guest wanted a size, but the shop didn't have it". For character attendant I got "what would you tell a guest if the line was closed for the character", and "what would you do if a guest was getting rough with a character". For QSFB, a question could be "what would you do if a guest dropped their ice cream/soda/ect".

I said it before on the thread but i'll repeat it since this is getting drug up again: The key thing is to be yourself. It's not necessary to have been to the parks- I hadn't really (basically half a day on a school trip in 7th grade.) My first CP I literally learned about the presentation half an hour before it was supposed to start so I had no time to prepare. I didn't know all the lingo about "guests" "cast members" etc.

Be yourself! The interviewers will know when you are being artificial. If you don't know an answer to a question right off the top of your head, ask if you could take a minute to think. I've done lots of phone interviews for various things and have never had a problem asking to take a moment. If all else fails, be honest. Say, I don't know exactly how I would handle that at this time. I expect that I will be trained and will follow what my trainer says. Maybe throw something in about maintaining good guest service.

The other thing is make sure that you know your Disney. Be prepared for questinos about movies, characters, and attractions (if you have been.) Make sure that whatever you answer is actually Disney. Many people will say Anastasia/Balto/Happy Feet, etc. While cute movies, they are not Disney. For rides people will say something from Universal or another theme park. Again, make sure you are saying a Disney answer!

Finally, take your cues from your recruiter. I overheard the above example (girl said Anastasia as her favorite Disney movie). The recruiter gave her a chance to correct it, but she stayed firm. She did not pick up on his body language/ tone at all.

When I did merchandise, I was asked "what would you do if a guest wanted an item, but the shop was out" or "what would you do if a guest wanted a size, but the shop didn't have it".

Since you worked merchandise would you mind sharing what *would* you do in those scenarios?

Since you worked merchandise would you mind sharing what *would* you do in those scenarios?

Sure. What I would do could go for both. I would call other shops and see if they had the item (so the guest wouldn't have to be sent to a shop that doesn't have the item).

Do they ask one for FSFB or QSFB? QSFB isn't going to be in my top three, but just in case they bring it up...FSFB might be in my top three, though. Any advice?

i read somewhere that for character attendant you might be asked what you would do if a child asked you why some characters do not talk. any suggestions from those who have had this asked or had this happen in real life?

Do they ask one for FSFB or QSFB? QSFB isn't going to be in my top three, but just in case they bring it up...FSFB might be in my top three, though. Any advice?

Yeah, there are questions for both. I can think of a couple for FSFB- "what would you do if a party requested a specific table/location/ect" or "what would you tell a guest who didn't have a reservation, that the restaurant was full".

i read somewhere that for character attendant you might be asked what you would do if a child asked you why some characters do not talk. any suggestions from those who have had this asked or had this happen in real life?

I've experienced this. I just told the child that the character didn't talk because they had to save their voice for the show/parade if they were in one, or because there are so many different languages it's easier just to give hugs instead.

I was accepted for Merchandise for the upcoming Fall season, and when I was asked this question, I said I would check other stores on property, but I also said that, as a last resort, I would give them the number for the hotline where people can order park merchandise from home or the address for the website. Not sure if this was the "right" answer or not, but apparantly it wasn't the wrong one either! :)

Another thing that I did before my interview was write out little notes for myself for questions I was sure they would ask. I didn't really use them, but that way I was prepared in case I froze and couldn't think of an answer. Reading over it also really helped calm my nerves while waiting for the phone to ring!

Good luck, everybody!

I was accepted for Merchandise for the upcoming Fall season, and when I was asked this question, I said I would check other stores on property, but I also said that, as a last resort, I would give them the number for the hotline where people can order park merchandise from home or the address for the website. Not sure if this was the "right" answer or not, but apparantly it wasn't the wrong one either! :)

Another thing that I did before my interview was write out little notes for myself for questions I was sure they would ask. I didn't really use them, but that way I was prepared in case I froze and couldn't think of an answer. Reading over it also really helped calm my nerves while waiting for the phone to ring!

Good luck, everybody!

I'm definitely going to be doing this! I wouldn't be surprised if by that time I had a whole script written out! Nah, I'll definitely make notes, though. I'm so excited! It's only like what, less than a month away?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter