Any Tips for POR?

KathyTbell

Mouseketeer
We decided to stay in a moderate resort for the very first time. We were booked at CSR, but just decided to switch to POR (because of construction at CSR). I had really researched CSR but haven't had much chance to do the same for POR. I would love some tips/advice about the resort - where to request (we are going with standard), pools, bus, food court, etc.... whatever tips you have will help. Thanks in advance!
P.S. I really wanted POFQ, but couldn't get it.

We decided to stay in a moderate resort for the very first time. We were booked at CSR, but just decided to switch to POR (because of construction at CSR). I had really researched CSR but haven't had much chance to do the same for POR. I would love some tips/advice about the resort - where to request (we are going with standard), pools, bus, food court, etc.... whatever tips you have will help. Thanks in advance!
P.S. I really wanted POFQ, but couldn't get it.

This awesome site has just about everything you need to know.

http://www.portorleans.org/

If going with standard, I would suggest requesting the mansion Magnolia Terrace in Magnolia Bend. It is a short walk through the pool area to the food court and shops. Acadian House is also good but a little more of a walk. If you are at MT you are near the east depot bus stop, if at Acadian House you are near the North Depot bus stop. The mansions also have an elevator if you need one to get to the higher floors.

The website that Dansdad recommended is awesome and includes great maps that will show you where everything is located.

Enjoy POR! It is an awesome resort! We have been staying here over the years ever since it was Dixie Landings.

POR has my favorite food court at any of the resorts. Also you'll be conveniently located to go to the Yehaa Bob show in the lounge (Wednesday through Saturday). There is also boat service to and from Disney Springs. This boat ride is fun in itself. I kind of like it better than Disney Springs - so enjoy the journey.

We just returned from our trip there. We prefer being in the mansion section - just like that area better. The food court can be busy but it is large. Walk over to the French Quarters food court. There is a different selection of food there and we enjoyed it. No matter which resort, buses can be hit or miss. The south depot stop is the last stop (except for I believe Disney Springs) so if you are staying over in the mansion section, you might want to get on at the depot stop nearer your mansion. The past several stays at POR we had very good luck with the buses. Take some time to walk around the resort as it is a beautiful resort. Each time we stay there, we find some different things we hadn't noticed before. On a trip a couple of years ago, my husband and I were walking back to our room one night when my husband stopped and was smiling at a tree. He pointed out to me that many of the trees had faces. We had never noticed that before! The boat ride to Disney Springs is relaxing. The main pool is great for children and there is a pool bar there. There are quiet pools scattered throughout the resort, which are great (no towel service at the quiet pools). They run a movie at night for the kids (big screen set up in the front garden at Oak Manor). It never seemed crowded but was well attended. Our room was near it but the noise never filtered into our room. Again, enjoy the report as it is beautiful.

We just returned from our trip there. We prefer being in the mansion section - just like that area better. The food court can be busy but it is large. Walk over to the French Quarters food court. There is a different selection of food there and we enjoyed it.

This is the best advice. I really like both food courts, but they are so different, it is worth a trip.

Also, POR is great if you want just some resort time as there are carriage rides, boats to Disney Springs, etc. Don't worry, while different from CSR, it is a GREAT place to stay and probably our favorite.

We LOVE beignets, so I KNOW we'll be going to the POFQ for the food court!

Thank you. All of this is making me feel better. We had been so excited for our CSR visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter