Any tips for a professional photo shoot? (quick update)

njmom47

He's such a fiend!
My dd2 will be participating in a professional photo shoot.:)
There will be other girls/women around, and she is one of a couple of 19 yr old "girl next door" types who will be photographed that day, along with other, older, professional models. The photos will be edgy, fully-clothed, and dare I say somewhat, (um, what word can I use on the DIS) s**Y. She's a bit intimidated by thinking everyone else will be watching her. I watch ANTM (that hardly makes me an expert though :lmao:), and it seems as if sometimes they may be watching others, but sometimes it seems as if the others are busy in hair and makeup, and won't be sitting around watching. Anyone have any experience/tips? I've told her to just pretend it's her and the photographer, but she really has no idea what to expect.
TIA
She's done, had a blast, was possibly referred to a tattooed-girl calendar. Yay!!

Dd is a model/actress. Mostly film/tv though. There is a LOT of waiting around. Usually hours before she's on set. Tell her that she wouldn't have been hired if the production people didn't want her looks. That's all that really counts. A lot of people look completely different on camera than off.

There will be other girls/women around, and she is one of a couple of 19 yr old "girl next door" types who will be photographed that day, along with other, older, professional models. The photos will be edgy, fully-clothed, and dare I say somewhat, (um, what word can I use on the DIS) s**Y. She's a bit intimidated by thinking everyone else will be watching her. I watch ANTM (that hardly makes me an expert though :lmao:), and it seems as if sometimes they may be watching others, but sometimes it seems as if the others are busy in hair and makeup, and won't be sitting around watching. Anyone have any experience/tips? I've told her to just pretend it's her and the photographer, but she really has no idea what to expect.
TIA

I don't have any advice, but it's ok to say sexy. ;) Good luck to your DD.

I don't have any advice, but it's ok to say sexy. ;) Good luck to your DD.

:rotfl2: Thank you! She's a calendar girl for a local radio station. She's just nervous that others might be watching and she's not a professional as some of the others are.
abdmom: I will pass that on to her as well.

TIA
Am I the only one who read that as a 2 year old? :lmao:

Am I the only one who read that as a 2 year old? :lmao:

Nope, I read it that way too. I was thinking, man! She's got some guts coming on the Dis talking about her two-year-old in a sexy photo shoot!

:lmao: Oh my, let's clarify that.

I have 2 dds, and this is dd #2.

No Honey Boo-boos in my house!

Tell her to just be herself and relax. I did not do professional modeling, but I did some amateur modeling with professional photographers and that is one thing they always recommended "be yourself and relax".

Some photographers will help the model relax if they see that they are nervous.

Good luck to her! :thumbsup2

I am so psyched...dd's cousin, who fronts a punk band, is lending my dd some clothes. Well, they DID say edgy, rock n roll clothing for the shoot! We all can't wait to see her pics!
(Sorry, just so ::yes:::cool1: for my dd!)

I have a friend who is a professional photographer. He prefers working with "professional models" and it has nothing do with their looks. Sometimes for the shot to look right on camera, you have to be in what feels like an unnatural position. He says professional models just do it (knowing it will look right on film), while amateurs/volunteers feel all self-conscious and complain. (Long story short: models are paid to feel silly but not complain.) I have had to be in shoots for work before, and I repeat that in my head as a mantra when they ask me to "tilt my head just a little bit more" or invade someone else's personal space in a group shot. Maybe it will help your daughter too. I hope she has a blast!

She was soo nervous, but I haven't heard from her so I'm guessing everything is going well. I can't wait to see pics; I hope they let us know if they'll be online for viewing. She tried on the a couple of outfits and posed in front of the mirror so that should've boosted her confidence. Go DD!!:cool1:

The calendar is done...she is Miss August, and looks fabulous. SO proud of her! :goodvibes She said she had a blast and once the photographer started taking pics, she felt at ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter