Any tips for 5yo DS birthday at DLRP?

uksaint

Mouseketeer
Found yet another excuse for a Disney fix - convinced DW that we should head back to DLRP for DS 5th Birthday in December (I knew I should have got those APs on our May visit!). So just booked the Eurostar and Holiday Inn for 3 nights - will definitely get the AP's this time.

As DS will be 5 during our trip - am looking for suggestions to make the day extra special - I am already thinking of the character tea at Plaza Gardens if they still do it (can I order a b/day cake?). Any and all other suggestions gladly welcomed.

Another countdown begins!! :banana:

Andy

Plaza gardens still do the birthday tea and you can order a cake - have a look at this:
http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/g...ntrees_park/packages_and_options/birthday.htm
I've read on another thread that you get a bag of goodies which include a cuddly Mickey Mouse which sings "Happy Birthday", a hat and a birthday card which all of the characters there will sign. When the cake comes out the CMs sing "Happy Birthday" and a character will be at your table when the cake arrives.
You can also get a birthday button from City Hall and the CMs will make a fuss of your DS whenever they spot it.
I'm sure there are other things too but other people will no doubt help out tomorrow with ideas.

The first time we went I didn't know you could have a Birthday Cake, I'd previously booked a Character Tea Party so I called in at the City Hall to see if I could organise a cake as well, unfortunately it wasn't possible, but the CM's were wonderful they gave my son a giant poster with all the characters on, she then telephoned the Studios Park to see if a family had been chosen for the Cinema Parade, it hadn't so she arranged it for us - this would've have been a wonderful experience except that we made our way to the Studios Park, and having about an hour to kill decided to do the Studios Tram Tour, which broke down several times whilst we were on it and we totally missed the parade, possibly why it's down there with my least favourite attractions.

Anyway it's certainly worth a visit to the City Hall and definately wear a Birthday badge - all the CM's on the rides wished my DS a Happy Birthday. :earsgirl:

City Hall definitely on the list for a visit.

As for the birthday party, I guess you have to be staying at a Disney Hotel to benefit from this as it says 'time will be confirmed at your arrival at the hotel'. So it will probably have to be Plaza Gardens tea with a Birthday Cake. I'm sure that will be memorable enough.

Thanks
Andy

We went to Plaza gardens on our stay two weeks ago and lots of kids there were having birthday parties. The characters spent slightly more time with them (which was lucky as my daughter was not sure of them at all).They all had a Mickey shaped chocolate cake and all got a bag of goodies which did include a Mickey cuddly toy but I'm not sure what else. I'd definitely recommend it :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter