Any thoughts on The Garden Grill?

scooz2

Earning My Ears
I heard the Garden Grill might be cool to go to...especially cause we will be on our honeymoon. Any thoughts on this restaurant???

We went to the GG in December for the 1st time, and had a great time! It was the best character interaction we had that trip, compared to CRT, and CP. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. That's why we're leaning towards one of the unique WS restaurants, and taking my 2yo dd to the GG for the Ice Cream Social.

I don't know that I would recommend it for honeymooners, though... :scratchin

Go for it!!! If you like character meals I think you will have a great time. Wear your bride and groom ears and you will get alot of attention.

We have been for lunch and dinner and enjoyed it both times. The food is good, the salad is grown there, and I love the flank steak. Dessert of apple cobbler and ice cream is good, but my kids really liked the dirt & worms :) We saw all characters 3x each meal.

The atmosphere is more laid back, so if you want an adrenaline rush experience I would go someplace like Chef Mickeys.

David

If you are looking for a romantic meal, this IS NOT your place. If you are looking for a "quieter" character meal it's perfect!!

The food is served"family style" in a skillet. You can get seconds on anything. There is no menu. The characters include Mickey, Minnie and Chip & Dale all of them dressed in farmer attire.

We enjoyed Garden Grill when we tried it last March & we are planning on returning there this September. :) The food was pretty good - I think there were a couple of things I didn't eat (but, I am somewhat picky ;) .) The characters were really fun here - I got teased by Mickey for wearing my Tigger hat & he wouldn't sign my autograph book with my Tigger pen. It was pretty funny. :)

Even though it's just me & my hubby - we go to many character meals on every trip. For the 2 of us it's usually a similar price as other sit-downs, but comes with characters. I say go to any restaurant you want & enjoy your honeymoon!

I believe the Garden Grill has a "re-hitching" ceremony you might want to look into - we've never done it though. HTH! :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

hi,

I personnally didn't like the garden grill so much. We were seated on the upper section so that we could not enjoy the revolving point of view. Mickey and pals were dressed up as farmers very cutely, and they came over plenty of times, but the path beside the table was so narrow it was difficult to take pictures.

The food was good, though : plentiful and the desert was gorgeous.

What really disturbed me was the noisy atmosphere and the narrowness of the place. I definitly prefer chef Mickey

When are you going to WDW? We will be on our honeymoon at WDW May 30 - June 4 .. We will be eating at the grill.

Originally posted by froggy flo
hi,

I personnally didn't like the garden grill so much. We were seated on the upper section so that we could not enjoy the revolving point of view.

I thought the point of the restaurant (other than the characters) was the revolving view of the Land. You mean there is a section where you can't see it? If so, thank you for the heads up. We're thinking of eating there on our next trip. Now I'll know to tell them when we check in that even if we have to wait we want a view of the Land. Our luck isn't so good with getting good seats. Couldn't get a window seat at Ca. Grill (but got to get up to see fireworks so that was fine), couldn't see the castle from our table at Ohana (loved it anyway though), have been to eat at Cindy's for breakfast and lunch and never seated near a window, we HAVE gotten to eat dinner at Chef Mickey's in the main area but last trip were put in that small upstairs section, got stuck in the back little room at 1900 Park Faire right next to a group of 3 families who were fighting amongst each other (that was a bummer), and the one time that did peeve me is when they sat us at a table that was just inside the entrance of Artist Point even though we had an early p.s. and the restaurant was pretty empty. We had NO view nor could take in any of the ambience of the restaurant which is one of the main reasons I wanted to dine there. All we got was a view of the people at the podium and the waiters coming in and out of the kitchen. This was a couple years back so I hope they don't even have tables in that area anymore. It's like you're not even a part of the restaurant. I guess it's just our luck because we always dress well including our kids, no t-shirts etc. and we're all well behaved I promise LOL.

Congratulations on your wedding!
My husband and I went to Graden Grill on our honeymoon and we loved it! It was one of our most enjoyable meals with just the right amount of character interaction and the food was great.
We enjoyed it so much that we are making sure to go there on our next trip this May (5th anniversary!) Have fun on your honeymoon.

We are also going to be on our honeymoon May 30-June 5th. We are going to eat at the Garden Grill...and are going to try to get the "rehitching" ceremony. Anyway, we plan to eat at the GG on Memorial Day at lunch. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!!!!

I think it is worth a try. Our family has eaten here several times for dinner and enjoyed it. For our next trip, this was the restaurant of choice for DD5! :) (she also likes the ride..)

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter