Any Thoughts on Best Western Lake Buena Vista or Royal Plaza?

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a hotel in the DTD area for a one night stay after driving down from Atlanta and prior to moving to an on-site resort. We'd like something convenient to (preferably within walking distance) DTD but don't want to spend too much. These two resorts are pretty similar in price (about $125 total) and seem relatively close to DTD. Thought about Buena Vista Palace, but looks like that would be close to $200 because they appear to nickel and dime you with fees. FYI, family of 5 so concerned about booking on hotwire, priceline, etc.

Thanks in advance

We hated the Royal Plaza this past fall. Would never stay there again and would encourage you to look at google maps so you can see you are right on the interstate. We checked in around 3 in the morning and the noise from the interstate kept us up. We asked to be moved the following morning at 9 and there was something already available. Made me made because it had to have been available at 3, too. Go elsewhere.

Four of us (my sister, her daughter, my daughter and I) stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista the week before Christmas and were very happy with the hotel. It is within easy walking distance of DTD, and we walked back after 11 one night with no problem. Large room with comfortable queen beds and a sitting area with sofa (not sure if it was a sofa bed or not), large bathroom with an additional vanity outside the bathroom. The staff was very nice. We never used the car and took the bus service to the parks.

You are right about the extra fees; one of the reasons we booked this hotel is that there is no charge for parking.

We would definitely stay there again.

Thanks very much for the feedback. We were leaning towards Best Western and this helps make that decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter