Any thoughts about Palio?

jabrown40

Mouseketeer
I rarely see any reviews for this restaurant. We will be taking my son's girlfriend, who has never been to WDW. She likes Italian food, but since there have been so many mixed reviews of Alfredo's, I thought it might be worth the walk over to the Swan for an early dinner before Illluminations. I would appreciate any feedback, thanks! (We also have plans to eat at Le Cellier, since she also loves steak.)

I like Palio. THink it's the best Italian food at WDW. Not exactly a meatball and spaghetti spot, a bit more upscale. Those strolling musicians add atmosphere.

Another "thumbs up" for Palio. We've always enjoyed our meals here. Excellent food, great service and a nice low key atmosphere.

We've had the marsala dishes, the tortellini with lobster (mmmm...2 can split that dish!), the flatbread pizzas...and our dd has been able to order grilled cheese (which isn't on the menu).

I tend to agree Alfredo's is only "mediocre" as I wasn't impressed when we were there either. I'd highly recommend Palio over Alfredo's.

A walk over the Epcot resort area is a very nice idea--we love to stay at the S/D because we love this area so much:tongue:

I think we'll go with Palio - after looking at the menu, the choices are more to my liking, and the prices aren't much different than Alfredo's. Will our "theme park" clothes be acceptable? I'm pretty sure we'll all be in jeans during December. It's my 19yo son, 17yo girlfriend, and mom.

AS with all WDW dining spots, , you'll see just about everything at Palio--including theme park casual.

I've eaten at Palio 2 times, including the dinner after my wedding down there with both our sets of parents. Great food and service. It definitely beats Alfredo's, which I can't stand. Try the lobster tortelinni(that can't be spelled right) if they have it.

I loved Palio the last time I went. The only thing I would advise is to set aside a good block of time for the meal--ours took so long, they gave us a free dessert sampler (which we had to take to go, as we had tickets for La Nouba.)

Thanks everyone, I did make a PS at Palio, but changed my days around, so we will be going there after Fantasmic. I figured we could take the boat over to the Swan, after the show, and be able to have a nice leisurely dinner. The lobster tortellini sounds wonderful, it would definitely be a top choice for me!

jabrown40-have a great time! We have always thought Palio was an underrated, but well kept secret!!!! I agree with the above posts that it is the best Italian in WDW. That lobster tortellini is divine - big enough to share. Great atmosphere and hopefully the strolling musicians will be there too!

Enjoy!

Yet another cheer for Palio!!:cheer2:

The lobster tortellini is a definite must, and if you like calamari, but are sick of having fried, then try the calamari appetizer! DH had it last time, and it is sauteed in a fantastic sauce. Be forewarned, however, since it not only includes the "rings" that you are used to seeing, but also full baby squid (heads, tentacles, everything!) A little disconcerting at first, but the taste is so phenomenal!!

Also, the atmosphere is great, and the strolling violinists know every song you can think of!

Have a great time! It is a wonderful place. We went there for the first time on our last visit and we plan on making it a must do everytime we go. The atmosphere is great, the food even better. Causal attire is fine, some will be more dressed up but I have seen the normal park wear (tank tops and shorts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter