Any suggestions for rental starting on 7/4?

onthego103

Mouseketeer
Our flight is arriving into MCO at 4:50 on July 4th. I am getting really high quotes for minivan rentals, probably because of the holiday. Has anyone else had luck for that time period? I have AAA, BJs, and Entertainment cards. I have tried Priceline and will continue to do so.
The best rate that I've found so far is with L&M. I know I've heard some horror stories about them, but more recently I've seen a couple posts about positive experiences with them. Anyone with a positive experience renting a minivan from them? I'm especially interested in hearing about people's more recent experiences with them - positive or negative.

In all areas of travel (air, car rental and hotels/resorts) I have found prices to be much higher pre-Memorial day than after. With the struggling travel industry I feel prices will drop starting next week. Might want to try and call for another round of quotes then. Also, price/reserve mid week (Wed is said to be best), never on the weekend.

Keep scouring the Internet for new deals/promos being posted. I think you hit the nail on the head though, July 4th is a pricey weekend to travel and all fees will be inflated. Any chance you can arrange for your rental to begin on July 5th and just use another form of transportation for the 4th?

Lastly, National Rental (on site at MCO) allows you to use a AAA disount along with an Entertainment Coupon (found in the 2003 book). I have found them to be the best price for our Sept trip by several hundred dollars for a mid-size car. They allowed me the AAA discount then let me apply the 20.00 Ent. Book coupon. I plan to call all the rental companies every few weeks, I hope to find some lower fees as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter