Any Suggestions for out trip?

doodlebug

DIS Veteran
I am so excited to be going to WDW for the first time that I want to be sure to plan as much fun stuff as possible. Help me decide if I am doing enough fun meal, eating at some great places and such.. We are not really froo froo type people so won't be doing of the fancy places.. Here is what I have so far..

4/8 arriving really early so will most likely relax around POFQ most of the day

4/9 Doing AK EMH *might switch my Donald Breakfast from 4/16 to this morning
Going to MK for evening

4/10 Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and then into MK for morning
Going to MGM for EMH at night

4/11 Princess Breakfast in Epcot
MK for the evening

4/12 Breakfast in our room
Lunch at Sci-Fi at MGM
Dinner at Flaming Tree at AK

4/13 Breakfast in our room
Kids are on Pirate Cruise 9:30-11:30
Lunch??
Dinner??

4/14 Breakfast in our room ** Moving to AKL today!!
Lunch ??? But kids will be in Wonderland Tea Party at 1:30
Will be at Epcot at night so thinking of doing Liberty Inn

4/15 EMH at MK breakfast??

4/16 Probably something light in room for Breakfast
Scheduled Donald Breakfasat at AK at 10:00
Will most likely be at MK for dinner, thinking of doing Pecos Bill

4/17 No plans for the morning or afternoon
Will be at AK for EMH most likely for dinnertime

4/18 Chef Mickeys for breakfast
leave for airport around 3pm

So give me any suggestions please!!

Your plans sound good to me. I would suggest maybe having lunch or dinner at the Polynesian resort. It is just a short Monorail ride from the MK.
Also, there is a nice boat ride from POFQ to Downtown Disney. Maybe you could have dinner over there one night. We like the Rainforest Cafe.
We really liked the breakfast buffet at BOMA in AKL. :goodvibes

How about having afternoon tea at the garden view lounge at GF whilst the children are at their tea party. Nice and relaxing . We had two of the set teas off the menu but you can pick what you would like. We were suprisingly full. A nice break from the activerty of the parks. :)

I would definetley do Chef Mickeys for dinner one day you are at MK. The night you are at mgm i would do Sci-fi. These are two rest. we never miss. Also one night it is fun to go to the Boardwalk and have dinner. It is a great atmosphere at night. Espn cafe is a favorite as well as Spoodles we are trying this year. Just some thoughts from veterans.

What is served at the Tea at GF?? This might be something nice and relaxing for DH & I.....

Guess we should plan an evening or two away from the parks doing other Disney stuff... Hmmm maybe our first night we could do the Boardwalk dinner and exploring since we are most likely not going into a park that day...

They have the menu on

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_gft.htm

I had the Grand tea and my DH had the Buckingham, both the same only I had sparkling wine with mine. The sandwiches were quite small but nice. The scones with the clotted cream were to die for. Followed by trifle, a selection of cakes or strawberries and cream. Definately worth a trip.

An evening at the Boardwalk would be great on your first night. You could get the boat from POFQ to DTD( don't forget insect repellant though ) and then the bus over to the boardwalk it doesn't take long we did this several times on our last trip as we love the Boardwalk. If you time it right you could get there in time to view illuminations from the bridge. We had dinner twice at Big river bar and grill. Rearly nice and if the weather is good you could eat outside.

After dinner you could rent a surrey bike- a great first night! :cool1:

Thanks for the link... It all sounds really good!!

And for the tip to take the boat to DTD and then bus over to Boardwalk... Was thinking of doing some shopping in DTD that day so then heading over to Boardwalk will be easy then!! Oh and being able to see Illuminations on our first night would be nice..

Question about water parks...... If I try to plan a partial day for one of those would it be better to do it in the morning or afternoon?????

:sunny: We did our water park in the morning due to more chance of rain in the afternoon. :umbrella: A tip given to us on this forum, and spent the afternoon shopping before going back and relaxing around the pool at POFQ.

If you are looking for a nice easy lunch at DTD try Earl of Sandwich. We had hot spicy chicken pannini's and earl gray lemonade. Lovely.

For a casual, relaxed, delicious lunch, check out Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club resort over at Epcot. In my opinion, they serve one of the best burgers in all of WDW! They are an old fashioned soda fountain that serves burgers and sandwhiches. Oh and they have unbelievable desserts! Check out the kitchen sink dessert-the kids would definately get a kick out of it!

Is the Beach Club within walking distance of Epcot??? I have heard great things about Beaches & Cream and would love to try it out too

It's walkable from international gateway or you can get the boat across.

ESPN is the closest resturant to walk to. Great if you are into sports. They had a live radio broardcast with some top US sports guys when we were there who sat at the next table to us, Unfortunately being from the UK we didn't know who they were. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter