Any suggestions for a hotel with a covered parking deck near WDW in case of Hurricane Dorian?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Any suggestions for a hotel with a covered parking deck near WDW in case of Hurricane Dorian?

I'm in Daytona Beach, Florida now through Sunday, 09/08/2019.

It looks like everyone here is preparing in case Hurricane Dorian hits Daytona Beach, Florida.

I have plans to stay in Orlando, Florida for two weeks starting Sunday, 09/08/2019.

Today, I went to Trivago.com and made a two-night reservation with Expedia at the Disney Pop Century Resort. I know, no covered parking.

I am rethinking that decision and I want to protect my rental car in a concreted covered parking deck at another resort.

My question is do any of you have any hotel suggestions with my criteria. I just don't want to be stuck without a place to stay if the Hurricane Dorian does decide to hit Daytona Beach, Florida and I am required to evacuate.

Two years ago, I was forced to leave Daytona Beach Resort after a mandatory evacuation order was given. I was able to fly out. I flew that time instead of using a rental car.

So....any suggestions about anything?

Especially those that live in Florida and stayed in an Orlando or Kissimmee resort during a hurricane!

:chat::headache::thanks:🍺🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Orlando World Center Marriot has its own multi-story parking garage and is not too far from the Parks. Stayed there a few times and its relatively convenient in a car.

Not sure if that fits in with your criteria but wanted to put it out there all the same

You're going to need a covered parking deck that has multiple stories and park it up at least on the third story or so. We had a flash flood one time where I work, rained for like an hour non-stop, floods in the streets and all cars on the first and second floors of the covered parking garage were flooded out.

What about the DTD parking structure? Can you park there overnight?

You're going to need a covered parking deck that has multiple stories and park it up at least on the third story or so. We had a flash flood one time where I work, rained for like an hour non-stop, floods in the streets and all cars on the first and second floors of the covered parking garage were flooded out.

Thank you, starry_solo.

Orlando World Center Marriot has its own multi-story parking garage and is not too far from the Parks. Stayed there a few times and its relatively convenient in a car.

Not sure if that fits in with your criteria but wanted to put it out there all the same

Thank you, Smittolis.

So are you saying if I am at Disney I am at risk of drowning on the first floor of the resort? It seems like if two stories of cars are flooded that would be the case.

So are you saying if I am at Disney I am at risk of drowning on the first floor of the resort? It seems like if two stories of cars are flooded that would be the case.

Depends on how high up it is. Where I worked was about 800 feet above sea level. I remember seeing the river in the street (I was on the 5th floor of the building) and thinking, hmm, I wonder what that's going to do to the cars? The parking structure (and the lot right outside of it) that got flooded was lower than street level and I suspect the 2nd floor of that structure was considered "street level."

Hilton Orlando
Hilton Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek
Rosen Centre
Hyatt Regency Orlando

But with decks come hefty parking fees.

Won't insurance pay in case of any damage to rental car if you purchase it? Its a question I would call and ask the agency.

Nevermind, you already have the car, but maybe you got the insurance?

No. The two types of structures are built to handle runoff differently. I don’t believe that the second level of a parking garage would flood unless the garage was partially underground. I stayed at an Embassy Suites down in Deerfield Beach, Florida that had the entire parking garage under ground, underneath the hotel. I was thinking about that while watching the Dorian coverage this morning. You could get some standing water in the garage if it wasn’t set up to drain properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter