• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any special ticket prices for special needs individuals?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I am tentatively planning summer 2005 holidays and have been told that Marineland and Ontario place (both in Ontario) both offer special prices for special needs individuals. At Marineland the ticket is less than half price for the special needs person and at Ontario Place the caregiver is admitted free of charge.

I was just wondering if anything like this is offered at WDW? I was all over the wdw web site and I couldn't find any info. on it so I assume nothing like this is offered.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Suzy V.

riu girl said:
I was just wondering if anything like this is offered at WDW? I was all over the wdw web site and I couldn't find any info. on it so I assume nothing like this is offered.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Suzy V.

No deals.

SeaWorld does have discounts; you can find information on their website.
WDW does not have any discounts.

SueM in MN said:
WDW does not have any discounts.

SeaWorld and all Busch amusement parks are half price tickets for disabled person plus one companion. You get a BuyOneGetOne deal. Pretty cool.

WDW doesn't offer discounts as their accessibility is around 80% for all rides and attractions. 100% if your body can bend at normal angles and handle a step or two for boarding.

Sure wish they did! My special 9yo will only ride a handful of rides and that is us dragging him on most! I guess it's his vestibular problems, and SID.

SueM in MN said:
Where on the website is this information. I have been all over and can't find it.

Kathy

kathbuet1 I just got back from Sea World last week. When I went to buy the tickets I asked if they had discounts for people in wheelchairs she said yes. I had both girls with me so she saw they were in their chairs all 4 of us got in for 1/2 price

I also can't find the any info. on this on the Sea World web site. Can anyone send me the link? And does anyone know if the special ticket is for other special needs individuals (ex. ASD) as well? Do any other Florida theme parks (ie. Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens etc etc) offer anything like this?

I looked through the Sea World site and could not find out where it says anything about reduced price tickets for people with disabilities.

However, I did find their Park Accessibility Guide which is a pdf file. Note the book is designed to fold to 4.25" x 11". If you print it,tell Acrobat to do the odd pages first and then relaod the paper and have it do the even pages in reverse order. This will make it useable.

Do any other Florida theme parks (ie. Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens etc etc) offer anything like this?

Discovery Cove does not (as of early Dec. 2004 anyway).

Sandra

kathbuet1 said:
Where on the website is this information. I have been all over and can't find it.

Kathy
It never was particularly easy to find, but was with the ticket information. They have changed their website and I can't find it on there any more either. I don't think they got rid of the program, just the information.

No one has ever posted about getting decreased ticket prices at any other parks.

Thanks for al the info. I spoke to Busch Gardens today and they do offer special ticket pricing for certain individuals. DD7 does not qualify but she does qualify for their equivalent to the WDW GAC, so that is great news.
Suzy V.

riu girl said:
Thanks for al the info. I spoke to Busch Gardens today and they do offer special ticket pricing for certain individuals. DD7 does not qualify but she does qualify for their equivalent to the WDW GAC, so that is great news.
Suzy V.
Hi all! New here on the disABILITIES! board.

When you spoke to the representative, did they say what the qualifications were for such a discount? I'm planning a trip to SeaWorld on one of the days of our trip with DS6, DS2 and MIL. I'm an above knee amputee and I knew nothing like a discount excisted :confused3 .

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is wheelchair users only who get a discount at Sea World. My daughter is registered as disabled here in the UK but she does not use a wheelchair.

Thanks
Karen

When I spoke to the rep at Busch Gardens , he asked me if DD7 would be able to enjoy all of the shows and attractions at Busch. Based on her wonderful experience at WDW 12/2004 I told him she probably would. He said if I felt she wouldn't be able to experience all of the attractions/rides then she would be entitled to the discount. I assured him she would be fine. We are planning on buying an unlimited pass for Busch Gardens and we will be able to visit as many times as we like over the two week period that we will be in Florida, therefore, allowing us to do several half days if we want. Keeping things at a leisurely pace and not having to rush to see it all in one day should help tremendously.

As another poster mentioned, I think he meant if she had physical limitations that would not allow her to go on all the rides, then perhaps she would be eligible for the discount.

Suzy V.

Michigan said:
Beth do you have your own wheelchair? If so you will get the discount.

I do not use/own a wheelchair - I wear a prosthesis.

I called SeaWorld yesterday and the person I spoke to said that all I have to do is go to the window and tell them I would like the discount and they won't question it. I don't know if they won't question it because it would be a "visible" disability.

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter