Any solos ever fly to Tampa?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I've never flown into Tampa airport, so I've been reluctant to check there for sales. Has anyone ever gone there alone? If so, how did you get to WDW from there? I imagine the only way would be to rent a car. Is there another way? Any opinions would be appreciated.

You'd need to rent a car, and make the 1-1.5 hour drive to wdw. Tampa is a great airport - very easy to get around, and not as monstrously crowded as Orlando. However, I would advise if you're going to be staying in the WDW area, just fly into Orlando. To me, it's not worth the extra drive to fly to Tampa, and there should be more flights in & out of Orlando than Tampa.

Thanks. I guess I'm always looking for a way to save a penny, and sometimes it's probably not worth it.

I always fly in and out of Tampa. Sometimes the trip to MCO can take just as long because of the traffic! The Tampa airport is great, not too big and not too small. Usually use National Emerald Isle which is right across the street from the baggage pick up. Have found the airfare to be cheaper also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter