Any SAH Dis Dad's out there?

OK, if you like clams here is a spicy clam recipe adapted from a Guy Fieri recipe for muscles.

Ingredients

2 dozen fresh little neck clams, scrubbed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup dry white wine (or add more stock if you don’t want to use wine)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup finely diced onion
1 cup finely diced red bell peppers
1 teaspoon finely minced serrano chile (adjust to taste)
1 1/2 cups seeded and finely diced Roma tomatoes (about 4)
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup broth (I use chicken), at room temperature
2 cups breadcrumbs (Guy suggest Panko, I use Italian)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1 lemon, cut in wedges
Directions

Directions Clean the exterior of the clams In a large pot over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic, red pepper flakes, white wine and thyme. Bring to a simmer and add the clams. Cover tightly and cook until all the clams have opened, 6 to 8 minutes.

Remove the opened clams, discarding any that did not open, and when cool enough to handle, remove the flesh (Guy says chop but I prefer whole). Rinse the shells and seperate. Strain the liquid from the pot and reserve. Wipe the pot clean with a paper towel. Place the pot over medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil and, when shimmering, add the onions and bell peppers and saute until the onions are just starting to caramelize 4 to 5 minutes. Add the serrano (warning the serrano is very spicy), the remaining garlic and the tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the butter and the flour.

Once the butter melts, slowly incorporate the stock and the reserved cooking liquid. Add the clams and gradually add 1 cup bread crumbs, as needed, and stir gently to combine.

Preheat the oven to broil and adjust the rack to 6 inches below the element. Fill the shells with 1 clam/vegetable mixture or 2 to 3 tablespoons if you chopped the clams. Season with salt and pepper, place under the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, squeeze a few lemon wedges over the mussels and garnish with remaining lemon wedges.

”Adapted from Guy Fieri's baked mussels recipe ”

What happened, did we scare everyone else away with our foodie talk?:confused3:confused3

Or is it the stress of the holiday limiting computer time?:surfweb:

It's me. I haven't showered.

OK, if you like clams here is a spicy clam recipe adapted from a Guy Fieri recipe for muscles.

Ingredients

2 dozen fresh little neck clams, scrubbed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup dry white wine (or add more stock if you don’t want to use wine)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup finely diced onion
1 cup finely diced red bell peppers
1 teaspoon finely minced serrano chile (adjust to taste)
1 1/2 cups seeded and finely diced Roma tomatoes (about 4)
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup broth (I use chicken), at room temperature
2 cups breadcrumbs (Guy suggest Panko, I use Italian)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1 lemon, cut in wedges
Directions

Directions Clean the exterior of the clams In a large pot over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic, red pepper flakes, white wine and thyme. Bring to a simmer and add the clams. Cover tightly and cook until all the clams have opened, 6 to 8 minutes.

Remove the opened clams, discarding any that did not open, and when cool enough to handle, remove the flesh (Guy says chop but I prefer whole). Rinse the shells and seperate. Strain the liquid from the pot and reserve. Wipe the pot clean with a paper towel. Place the pot over medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil and, when shimmering, add the onions and bell peppers and saute until the onions are just starting to caramelize 4 to 5 minutes. Add the serrano (warning the serrano is very spicy), the remaining garlic and the tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the butter and the flour.

Once the butter melts, slowly incorporate the stock and the reserved cooking liquid. Add the clams and gradually add 1 cup bread crumbs, as needed, and stir gently to combine.

Preheat the oven to broil and adjust the rack to 6 inches below the element. Fill the shells with 1 clam/vegetable mixture or 2 to 3 tablespoons if you chopped the clams. Season with salt and pepper, place under the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, squeeze a few lemon wedges over the mussels and garnish with remaining lemon wedges.

”Adapted from Guy Fieri's baked mussels recipe ”

It sounds good. The clam selection isn't great in ky. You really don't want to even think about what comes out of Ohio River.

What happened, did we scare everyone else away with our foodie talk?:confused3:confused3

Or is it the stress of the holiday limiting computer time?:surfweb:

holidaze more like it! :laughing: But yeah, my kid will eat all types of tomato but NOT ketchup. :confused3 such is life!

SAHD here for the past 6 years and I just found the Dis Dads on here. I stay at home Monday through Thursday and work part time on Fridays. We are in the same situation with my wife earning more than I and it just seemed too hectic when our second daughter was born so I stopped working all together. I was offered a part time position about a year later which works great as my wife only works Monday through Thursday.

It seems like I don't get so many comments anymore like, oh Dad has the kids today. Maybe I simply got used to it and I don't realize them anymore. I have been active in our daughter's preschool being part of the board of directors. I will say that I have gotten some comments from other guys when we go out for a board meeting and I am the one guy with a dozen or so women at the restaurant or bar. They want to know how I manage that. So there can be some humorous/good comments as well.

SAHD here for the past 6 years and I just found the Dis Dads on here. I stay at home Monday through Thursday and work part time on Fridays. We are in the same situation with my wife earning more than I and it just seemed too hectic when our second daughter was born so I stopped working all together. I was offered a part time position about a year later which works great as my wife only works Monday through Thursday.

It seems like I don't get so many comments anymore like, oh Dad has the kids today. Maybe I simply got used to it and I don't realize them anymore. I have been active in our daughter's preschool being part of the board of directors. I will say that I have gotten some comments from other guys when we go out for a board meeting and I am the one guy with a dozen or so women at the restaurant or bar. They want to know how I manage that. So there can be some humorous/good comments as well.

Welcome to the gang.

Do you prefer Anthony or Tony? Or are you like my DN who goes by ANT?

Thanks for the welcome. I actually go by Anthony. Somehow I starting using the user id bigtony777 and now I use it for many sites. So if you see bigtony777 on cruise critic, trip advisor or other travel sites, it is very likely me.

Thanks for the welcome. I actually go by Anthony. Somehow I starting using the user id bigtony777 and now I use it for many sites. So if you see bigtony777 on cruise critic, trip advisor or other travel sites, it is very likely me.

Welcome. Have you checked in on the main thread for a number yet?

I always seem to spend my time on the main DDC thread and forget we actually have our own sub-forum. :lmao:

I am a stay at home dad.. kinda.

I am a mobile DJ and do most of my work on the weekends except for May and June where I work 50 out of the 60 days. During the week I mostly work from home, returning emails and making & receiving calls. I do make appointments which I need to find babysitters to watch my DD5 & DS5months. I love having time with the kids while my DW is at work and I feel bad that she doesn't get as much time with them as I do.

I always seem to spend my time on the main DDC thread and forget we actually have our own sub-forum. :lmao:

I am a stay at home dad.. kinda.

I am a mobile DJ and do most of my work on the weekends except for May and June where I work 50 out of the 60 days. During the week I mostly work from home, returning emails and making & receiving calls. I do make appointments which I need to find babysitters to watch my DD5 & DS5months. I love having time with the kids while my DW is at work and I feel bad that she doesn't get as much time with them as I do.

I counted myself a stay at home dad. I did get close to 3 months at home last year and am home most of the time when they are out of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter