ANY Rumors on Monsieur Pauls or Takumi Tei Reopening?

There was a rumor somewhere that M. Paul was returning as a very expensive prix fixe, but I haven't read anymore about that, and I'm not sure how reliable the source was. Haven't read anything at all about Takumi Tei.

I'm certainly excited for either to return, same for V&A. We finally got to the point in our lives where we wanted to start trying these places (and could reasonably afford them), and the Pandy hit!

Takumi Tei ... oh I have been waiting for that restaurant to reopen. Had a reservation set up in April 2020 to try it for the first time, and well you know the end of that story. Been back to WDW 3 times since and still crickets about it reopening.

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 9.51.27 AM.png

I really want to do Takumi Tei, but I suspect I will be able to eat in Japan summer 2023 before it opens.
This is my situation exactly. Going to Epcot in September and Nagano June 2023. I'd love to do it and make the comparison, but doubt it'll happen.

Looking forward for both to return, but haven't heard anything about either returning.

I know in the case of Takumi Tei they said it wouldn't re-open until the cultural representatives were able to come from Japan. Not sure if Monsieur Paul had the same rationale. If so, France is in the first phase of returning cultural reps in August (along with UK, Germany, Canada, Italy, Norway) so fingers crossed.

I think Disney is being careful since the economy is so unsure. Plus this monkey pox.
I would think so too but with the response from Victoria and Alberts reopening- its basically impossible to get a resy there.... also randomly on yelp it says its scheduled to re-open on Sept 30th? sigh Ive never been but I want to!

I would think so too but with the response from Victoria and Alberts reopening- its basically impossible to get a resy there.... also randomly on yelp it says its scheduled to re-open on Sept 30th? sigh Ive never been but I want to!
Hoping it opens before we get there in October. So much better than Chefs de France. We've had some amazing meals there.

I may have something to do with the prix fixe menu rumor as I spotted that on the Disney official menus several months ago and posted about it.

It's still there so may be what will be the startup as many Sigs as are going to prix fixe. Makes sense as unstable as sourcing still is at times. We've experienced some odd shortages at grocers lately.

If it is the menu, we'll sadly not return. The choices given don't appeal for more than one course. We very much prefer a prix fixe and a la carte menu for more flexibility.

We are going again in December! WOO HOO but are dying for to try these places! Any updates?
Two of our very favorite restaurants at EPCOT and WDW for that matter! We are also looking forward to their return. WDW does not have a ton in the way of true fine dining, but these two are up there (after V&A, of course, which is on a whole other level).

I may have something to do with the prix fixe menu rumor as I spotted that on the Disney official menus several months ago and posted about it.

It's still there so may be what will be the startup as many Sigs as are going to prix fixe. Makes sense as unstable as sourcing still is at times. We've experienced some odd shortages at grocers lately.

If it is the menu, we'll sadly not return. The choices given don't appeal for more than one course. We very much prefer a prix fixe and a la carte menu for more flexibility.
Monsieur Paul used to have several prix fixe options as well as an a la carte menu. Hopefully they return with everything, but who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter