Any rooms/suites with private pools?

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by AdamEfimoff, Jun 30, 2018.

1. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

in Aulani?

2. WebmasterKathy

WebmasterKathy Administrator Administrator

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

Okay will choose other resort

5. WebmasterKathy

WebmasterKathy Administrator Administrator

For a private pool in Hawaii, you probably want a house. A VERY expensive house.

southerngirl528, alohamom and keaster like this.
  6. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

southerngirl528 likes this.
  7. 94bruin

94bruin DIS Veteran

Wailea Beach Villas on Maui offer some 3 bedroom villas with a plunge pool. We stayed there in Sept /off season/least expensive rate for my brother's wedding. It was a luxurious experience!

alohamom likes this.
  8. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

onefinestay has some but I rally just asked because I heard alunai can get crowded. It could even be a share pool with just the villas

9. kyton

kyton Mouseketeer

Nothing at Aulani, other then the Adult pool.

With private rentals you need to ensure that they are legally permitted. Websites like Airbnb / VRBO etc do not vet for legality.

alohamom likes this.
  10. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

Its just the rooms at four seasons Oahu while not as Disney has bigger rooms for roughly the same price. they are almost double the size!!!

11. kyton

kyton Mouseketeer

But you aren’t comparing apples to apples. More like apples to oranges. Aulani is targeted more at families, hence the Villas. Four Seasons is comprised predominantly with hotel rooms. Aulani has more pools, spas, water slides as well as the lazy river. Four Seasons has more restaurants however at a higher price range. They both front the same lagoon however Aulani’s “area” is much wider then Four Seasons.

Both are great in their own right but again they aren’t a comparable product IMO.

94bruin likes this.
  12. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

IMO the adult only pools were not at all crowded, if that is what you are looking for. Tons of chairs in that area and they also have cabanas you can rent. There are cabanas by the family pools too, which give you more privacy and a dedicated space, but obviously, if you just want a not crowded pool that doesn't help you. Having said that, we just got home on Wednesday and it was busy season and I thought it was easy to find space in the pools and around the resort. Not that crowded at all. There are a ton of pools, and lots of spots to choose from. Good luck.

AdamEfimoff likes this.
  13. newdeal

newdeal DIS Veteran

I was there a year and a half ago in October. Whenever I went in the adult pool (which is quite large) there were maybe 4 other people in there

AdamEfimoff likes this.
  14. corgi_monster

corgi_monster DIS Veteran

This!

To legally rent accommodations for less than 30 days your property needs to be in a resort zoned area (Waikiki) or you need a tvu (transient vacation unit) or B&B license. These city hasn’t issued a new license since the 80’s so don’t let the owner tell you their permit is pending. Also, the W######### license that many sellers list on their Air BnB Page is a general excise tax license. This does NOT allow one to legally rent their house/apartment unless the rental agreement is for 30+ days.

The city is finally cracking down on illegal rentals and based on the number of AirBnB listings I’ve seen in my neighborhood, it seems to be working.

kyton likes this.