Any Rhododendron experts out there?

SillyMe

<font color=green>I love trying to figure out myst
I know I could post this on the Flower & Garden board, but more people will read it here.

There are real tiny white flies invading and killing my Rhododendrons. Only half of the flowers bloomed this year, the leaves are being eaten and there are black spots on them. The tiny flies are completely covering the leaves.

Does anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them?

Lady Bugs :)

They eat those pesky little guys.

Also if you want to know the Swedish tip for the best Rhodies add (dry) eggshells to coffee grounds and put them all over the soil around them. It makes a HUGE difference!

Eggshells and Coffee Grounds? Hmmm...I heard about Coffee Grounds already, but not eggshells. I guess I'll have to give it a try. Maybe once I find a way to kill off the bugs, the coffee grounds and eggshells will help give the rhododendrons a boost back to life. Thanks.

Get a spray specifically for white flies.

well thats how the old time Swedes I know make their coffee they add dried eggshells to the coffee grounds....

So when These sweet little old ladies used to dump their coffee grounds and eggshells out the window at our old church the Rhodies grew like crazy :)

If the ladybugs dont work try Praying mantises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter