Any recent Capture Your Moment in MK reviews?

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
I booked an early morning session in August and am hoping to capture some cute shots of my 20 month old son. Has anyone gotten this done lately and any tips on good locations, etc.? My LO is your typical toddler and loves to be on the move. Wondering if the photographer would be able to get enough good shots of him and us as a fam to justify the cost? Also, I am interested in getting the One Day Memory Maker to get all the photos from the session. If I buy it on the day of on the app, would I have the ability to download all the pictures from the session or should I buy it the day before?

We just returned from our trip & did Capture the Moment at AK & MK. The photo shoot was to commemorate DD 8th grade graduation from 2020 (she wore her graduation ears & a specially made t-shirt).

Our photographer from AK (Luis from Miami) was also our photographer at MK. He was FANTASTIC!! For AK we asked for pictures near the Tree of Life & then let him pick the other locations. He took 50-55 photos. For MK, again graduation ears, we asked for pics near the Castle & then let him decide the other locations, based upon his experience and the crowd level (it was an 8:45 shoot, with a 9:00 opening so the crowds were building at the entrances to each land). Again about 50-55 photos.

We are so happy we did this at both parks. Not one bad picture at all. Well worth the price. It was so HOT last week, so I am glad I was able to book early morning time slots.

I can't comment on the one-day memory maker, as I pre-purchased MM prior to our trip as we had 10 park days. The photos were uploaded into MM very quickly.

We just returned from our trip & did Capture the Moment at AK & MK. The photo shoot was to commemorate DD 8th grade graduation from 2020 (she wore her graduation ears & a specially made t-shirt).

Our photographer from AK (Luis from Miami) was also our photographer at MK. He was FANTASTIC!! For AK we asked for pictures near the Tree of Life & then let him pick the other locations. He took 50-55 photos. For MK, again graduation ears, we asked for pics near the Castle & then let him decide the other locations, based upon his experience and the crowd level (it was an 8:45 shoot, with a 9:00 opening so the crowds were building at the entrances to each land). Again about 50-55 photos.

We are so happy we did this at both parks. Not one bad picture at all. Well worth the price. It was so HOT last week, so I am glad I was able to book early morning time slots.

I can't comment on the one-day memory maker, as I pre-purchased MM prior to our trip as we had 10 park days. The photos were uploaded into MM very quickly.
Thank you for your detailed review! I think I’m just going to buy the one day MM now and hope for good pictures. We have a 9:45 slot with an 8 park opening. Hopefully my son won’t wake up too early that day so he’ll be happy for the photographer.

We had a session in MK on our recent trip (July 4th week.) We ended up with a not so great time slot (3:30) because I waited too long to book. As usual on summer afternoons, it was raining during our session, but our photographer had locations that worked in the rain, so we still got some great shots.
We asked for the castle area, and we took pics in 4-5 different locations. We asked for shots of all 4 of us and then some of our DD to mark her graduation. Our photographer took time at the beginning of the session to talk to us and find out our priorities and was super to work with. We were very happy with our photos, and I know had it not been raining they would have been even better.
A few tips--we wore coordinating colors and stepped it up a bit from our normal park attire. Girls wore comfy sundresses, and guys wore polo shirts and shorts. We didn't want to be too dressed up, which might look odd in a theme park photo, but definitely were happier with our pics than we would have been if we were in our usual t shirts and athletic shorts.
You can bring simple props-DD brought her mortar board and held it in some of her pics. They offered a chalkboard with her graduation year on it as well.
Overall, we were very happy with our session--even our 15 year old DS(who I typically have to bribe to participate in photos!!!) liked them and is already planning to have his graduation shots done in Epcot in a few years :)

We had a session in MK on our recent trip (July 4th week.) We ended up with a not so great time slot (3:30) because I waited too long to book. As usual on summer afternoons, it was raining during our session, but our photographer had locations that worked in the rain, so we still got some great shots.
We asked for the castle area, and we took pics in 4-5 different locations. We asked for shots of all 4 of us and then some of our DD to mark her graduation. Our photographer took time at the beginning of the session to talk to us and find out our priorities and was super to work with. We were very happy with our photos, and I know had it not been raining they would have been even better.
A few tips--we wore coordinating colors and stepped it up a bit from our normal park attire. Girls wore comfy sundresses, and guys wore polo shirts and shorts. We didn't want to be too dressed up, which might look odd in a theme park photo, but definitely were happier with our pics than we would have been if we were in our usual t shirts and athletic shorts.
You can bring simple props-DD brought her mortar board and held it in some of her pics. They offered a chalkboard with her graduation year on it as well.
Overall, we were very happy with our session--even our 15 year old DS(who I typically have to bribe to participate in photos!!!) liked them and is already planning to have his graduation shots done in Epcot in a few years :)
Thank you for your detailed review! I'm still debating whether we want to be in "regular" shirts or be okay in our Disney shirts. It'll be my son's first Disney trip so I mainly want to get pictures of us with him and just candids of him looking around and such.

Hi! We did a shoot at 10:45AM Saturday 7/24 at MK. Even though the day was overcast we got some direct sunshine during our shoot making it a little difficult. I would recommend booking 60 days in advance on the Capture Your Moment site directly. We were a group of 6 for my bachelorette. We went to three spots: first in the grass to the right of the castle, then in front of the castle, and finally by Cinderella's wishing well. We had plenty of time to do some group shots, pairs, small groups, and individuals at all locations. We even did some specialty shots of my Mickey nails! It was a blast and I will absolutely be booking again next time I'm in WDW.

When did you book?
I looked back and I booked May 4 for a session on July 3. It was the only session available at MK for our whole 10 day trip! :P I didn't even know it was an option until someone mentioned here on Disboards and by then I had almost missed the opportunity to book.

We had our session done today and we got some awesome pictures of my son and the whole family. Definitely worth the fee for a private session and the one day memory maker was perfect to get all the photos.View attachment 594721

I was just coming back to report on my experience, but I see you've already had your session. It was a great experience for us and one we would repeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter