Any Quilters?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by NY Pirate Princess, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:58 PM.

1. NY Pirate Princess

NY Pirate Princess Mouseketeer

I am looking through different subscription boxes to treat my mom for Christmas. She is a traditional country style of quilter. Any suggestions?

2. Jen and Ashwin

Jen and Ashwin DIS Veteran

I am a quilter, but more of a modern style. My bestie owns Pink Castle Fabrics and runs several subscription box clubs. I think the Color Inspiration's Club is awesome because it gives you a nice variety of solids in inspiring color palettes that you can use with your own patterned fabrics to create projects. I find that a great selection of solid fabrics is always a welcome need by quilters.

https://www.pinkcastlefabrics.com/pages/color-inspirations-club

NY Pirate Princess likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lookame

lookame DIS Veteran

What kind of subscription box? Like a block a month or what? I go through craftsy.com they have traditional and modern, quilt supplies, fabric, patterns and other hobbies as well.

-my 12 yr old son is a quilter and has won several ribbons for his work. He likes paper piece quilting though.

5. NY Pirate Princess

6. Jen and Ashwin

Jen and Ashwin DIS Veteran

I haven't heard of that box, but it has a lot of negative reviews which would make me weary of getting it as a gift. Definitely read those before purchasing.

7. NY Pirate Princess

Thank you for the warning.