any problems paying 4 room with Visa Rewards?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I recently made a reservation for my mom and I to take the kids to CR this summer. My mom says she remembers some problem using the Disney Visa Reward card at check in last time. She says they said it needed to be part of the reservation or something. This was about 4 years ago. I don't remember any such problem and have used mine in parks and for DCL. Is there a trick to using for a room package? I am planning to just apply it to the balance at check in instead of earlier b/c I worry about losing points should we have to cancel or change plans. But it is $800 worth of points and I don't want to miss the chance to use it. What do you think??

You said a "room package". If you are referring to a package that includes room, ticket, etc. then the answer is no. A package must be paid off 45 days prior to arrival. If you are talking about a room only reservation then you should be able to use your Reward Dollars to pay for it upon check in. If you still are unsure call and speak with a CM with Central Reservations.

Thanks for reminding me. I checked and mine does need to be paid 45 days in advance.

I have a card and my mom does also. Will the online let me input 'grandma's' reward card for a payment?

Now that is one I have no idea about. I would talk to CRO about that and see what they say. Or you can always try and see if it takes it.

Good luck!

I had Rewards when I went last month. Since the room balance had to be paid in advance I used my Disney Visa (which gives you an extra 6 mos free of interest to pay the balance), then made sure to transfer the rewards I earned from that to my Rewards card.

Like you, we had $800 in Reward dollars. I tried to use the Rewards as a sort of down payment on the week's expenses when I checked in, but the hotel would not let me. What we did was charge EVERY SINGLE expense accrued during the week directly to our hotel using the KTTW card they supply you at check-in. We were on the DP, but all gratuities from meals (which add up very quickly, esp at nice places), extra snacks/drinks, souvenirs, pix we bought at character meals, even an extra meal at Rainforest Cafe (which is not an official 'Disney' restaurant) were covered when we applied the Rewards card at checkout.

Basically, once we step foot on Disney property our vacation was 'free', covered by the Rewards. No hassles at all! It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter