Any photos of Dream room 5538 or 5540? Or just pic of extended balcony?

rachelm23

Mouseketeer
not thrilled with being on the same level as the kids' clubs since we are cruising sans children...but maybe someone can tell me about the apparent extended verandah I hear about... thanks!

not thrilled with being on the same level as the kids' clubs since we are cruising sans children...but maybe someone can tell me about the apparent extended verandah I hear about... thanks!

Hi,
I don't have any pix of the staterooms or verandah's but I just wanted to comment on your concerns about being on the same deck as the kids club. I really don't think you'll even know it's there. We sailed the Fantasy a few weeks ago and were in rooms 5682 and 5684 (aft). Deck 5 is so split up with the Buena Vista theatre, Port Adventures Desk, view down to the atrium, etc, then the kids club. And the club is on the port side and these cabins are starboard. If the Dream halls are the same as the Fantasy, the only hallway to get to the club is on the port side.

I know the rooms you references are forward and we were aft, but other than dropping our own son off at the Clubs, we had no idea the Clubs were right around the corner. I may be wrong, but I really wouldn't worry about the location. There's a lot in between you & the club/lab.

This may be a silly question but have you read the stateroom reports for either of these cabins?

HTH and that you have fun!

We were in room 5162, on the port side near the aft, for our cruise on the Dream in February. We had no problems whatsoever due to proximity to the kids' clubs. You will be even further away than we were, but I wonder if you will get noise from the Buena Vista Theater. Based on the deckplans, it looks like you'll be right above it. Have you checked the stateroom reviews?

I wasn't thrilled about our location (a VGT GTY) going into the cruise, but it turned out to be fine and we loved the extended verandah!

232323232%7Ffp%3B76%3Enu%3D3239%3E898%3E%3B42%3EWSNRCG%3D3553%3C64239339nu0mrj

DH and I were in 5528 this past summer. We loved it! The extended verandah is awesome.we actually slept out there one night....so peaceful...Enjoy!

We were in 5536 and 5534 this last april and loved the location. No worries about the kids club because you are no where near it. In fact your rooms are a little tricky to get to. You can only get to these starboard side rooms by going to the forward stairs. This means if you come up the mid stairs, you have to go up the port side, by port adventure, to the front stairs to cross over to your section of rooms. The entrance to the kids clubs are the other way down the port side between mid and aft. This was great because we had nobody running up and down the hallway at all hours of the night because it was far enough away from the kids club. I guess the teen entrance was down the hall, but again on the port side, so never a problem and actually, I kinda forgot it was there. The extended balconies were terrific. In my opinion, these rooms were perfect, and I would try for them again. Happy sailing, wish I had another one planned. I will see if I can find some pics to post.

Marci

Ok, here are a few pics of the balcony, and yes most of the are taken way early in the morning, because I remembered to grab them as we were debarking.

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0400-1.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

6 I think. Not sure. We are friends and family. We cruised in sept and got 4a. You get what u get. :)

I have a room booked on deck six overlooking an extended balcony. Did you ever noticed people looking down on you?

I am hoping that I won't mind that my balcony looks down on deck five's extended balcony, rather than being able to look straight down to sea when I look out to sea.

We were in 5536 and 5534 this last april and loved the location. No worries about the kids club because you are no where near it. In fact your rooms are a little tricky to get to. You can only get to these starboard side rooms by going to the forward stairs. This means if you come up the mid stairs, you have to go up the port side, by port adventure, to the front stairs to cross over to your section of rooms. The entrance to the kids clubs are the other way down the port side between mid and aft. This was great because we had nobody running up and down the hallway at all hours of the night because it was far enough away from the kids club. I guess the teen entrance was down the hall, but again on the port side, so never a problem and actually, I kinda forgot it was there. The extended balconies were terrific. In my opinion, these rooms were perfect, and I would try for them again. Happy sailing, wish I had another one planned. I will see if I can find some pics to post.

Marci

I am looking at booking 5534, 5542, or 5544 tomorrow. Any con's to these rooms? Do you feel a lot of motion in the room since it is forward? Is the adjoined room noisy since the door is between you and the neighbors? I also read that someone heard something bumping the boat... maybe the stabilizer? Did you experience any of this?

I am looking at booking 5534, 5542, or 5544 tomorrow. Any con's to these rooms? Do you feel a lot of motion in the room since it is forward? Is the adjoined room noisy since the door is between you and the neighbors? I also read that someone heard something bumping the boat... maybe the stabilizer? Did you experience any of this?

Well, this was a bit ago, but I remember liking the rooms. The motion never bothered any of us. You could only access the rooms by using the forward stairs/elevators, and this helped prevent a lot of the noise you would get from kids running up and down the hallways because the hallways didn't run the length of the ship. My Parents room (and I can't remember which was theirs, the one more forward) had a rounded balcony that kinda was open to the rounded balcony on the other side. I remember I was worried about being near the teen club, but we never heard nor saw teenagers on our side as the door to the teen club entrance was on the other side of the ship. I would book these rooms again in a heartbeat, no complaints at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter