Any other Steak and Shake Like Restaurants Around?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Went to Steak and Shake for lunch today and thought it was a great deal. Five people for lunch with 4 milk shakes cost us $41 including 20 percent tip.

So...now I'm on the hunt for the next bargain place.

Any other places around that you would recommend like Steak and Shake?

CiCi's pizza and Sweet Tomatoes are very cheap. There are lots of coupons available for CiCi's and if you go to the Sweet Tomaotes website and join their club they email you coupons.

Also, WPE at DTD can be a good deal if you share meals. The portions are very large and an average entre is around $14. This is a particular bargain (when you share) as it feels like a nice TS type of place.

BTW, don't order soda at meals....stick to water. Ordering sodas jacks up the bill really fast.

Thanks. We do like Sweet Tomatoes...eat there every trip as well as Earl of Sandwich.

Guess I was wondering if there are any other " under the radar" places that may have been discovered recently by Dis'ers.

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings on a Tues because it was 60 cent wing night! There were 4 of us, we ordered 30 wings, a kids meal two soft drinks for the girls and one salad to share, with a $6.00 pitcher of beer, and it cost us $34.00 plus tip!!! It was very good actually, wings were a little on the small side, not jumbo wings, but they were good!

If you're willing to drive up near Universal there is Bubba's BBQ...totally an under the radar place. Not a super cheap place but certainly not expensive either. It might cost you around $12/person.

Definitely CiCi's :thumbsup2 . There are tons of buy one buffet, get one free coupons available at hotels and businesses along I-Drive (or you can print yourself from the I-Drive website). Regular price for the buffet is $5.99 per person, and that includes soup, salad, pasta, pizza, desserts and water. Considering the sheer volume my boys can eat, this was an AMAZING value (particularly when one of us was no charge....with three sodas, our meal totalled just over $17 taxes in).

Another awesome value from our last vacation was TGI Fridays. They had a deal where you got a full sized appetizer, a full sized entree, and a dessert for $12.99. I had a HUGE plate of mozzarella sticks, a monstrous bowl of pasta, and the best peanut butter chocolate pie I've ever eaten. DH upgraded his meal to a steak platter for an additional $4, and added a beer. DS had a similar meal to mine. For three full sized appetizers, one chicken entree, one pasta entree, a steak entree, my pb choco pie, a slice of vanilla cheesecake, an oreo cookie ice cream dessert thingie, DH's beer, taxes and tip, it came to $65. And the food quality was fantastic. We can't even come close to value like that at our Canadian chains.

We enjoyed Fudruckers in the cross roads. A burger place similiar to Steak n Shake.

Also Sonic on I Drive we do not have one in our area and the boys love this stuff. Another burger joint that you order from your car.

Too Jays sandwich shop near US. Excellent sandwiches!

Cici's and Steak and Shake are on our must-do list. We always stop at the Super Target on the way from MCO to load up on provisions and have our first Florida meal at Steak & Shake. We usually wind up there during "Happy Hour" which winds up being a super deal. We also always find a Cici's coupon, which makes that an even better deal for an inexpensive lunch. Kids really want to try Golden Corral this time...mainly for the chocolate waterfall.

We love Giordano's cheese stuffed pizza....not sure what makes Steak and Shake 'under the radar' though...:confused3

Cici's and Steak and Shake are on our must-do list. We always stop at the Super Target on the way from MCO to load up on provisions and have our first Florida meal at Steak & Shake. We usually wind up there during "Happy Hour" which winds up being a super deal. We also always find a Cici's coupon, which makes that an even better deal for an inexpensive lunch. Kids really want to try Golden Corral this time...mainly for the chocolate waterfall.

Steak N Shake is a must do for my family too!! :goodvibes My family also enjoys Golden Corral. We have a few of them where I live, but there is just something special about the ones in Orlando/Kissimmee. To us, the food quality is better. I think its because of the volume of people they serve, causes the food on the buffet to be cooked fresh constantly. DH loves the sirlon steak cooked fresh to order. We love it. If you get a chance, try it out. It may become a favorite "must do" for your family too. ENJOY !!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter