Any other Disney Dads out there...?

I'm 54 and have a DW (50) and DD (16) who are equally obsessed. We are DVC members since '93 and recently celebrated my DW and DD's burthday at WDW in February. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be a while before we get back as we will probably be doing the college tour circuit next summer
:(

Oh, well we are anxoiusly awaiting her going to college so DW and I can go to the F&W festival :cool1:

Dave

Well, I wasn't a Disney Dad . . . until 3 weeks ago. Got sent to a conference at the Dolphin . . . and I am hooked. Though my wife and kids are looking forward to the trip, they don't understand the stack of Disney books (puchased, library, borrowed) that is sitting next to my recliner. But, I'm certain that they'll get it within minutes of our arrival in Sept 06. I already feel like the kid that can't sleep the night before a big vacation . . . and we aren't leaving for 4 months.

Man, woman, child, young, old . . . I can't see how it matters. The place is special.

:teeth: Disney Dad, 47, and proud of it! The guys at work think I'm out there :crazy: because I read the UG and Passports at work in my spare time. Just can't get enough prep time in for the next trip to Disney. DW and DD's are also huge Disney fanatics. I'm the one that sets up all the trips and loves every minute of it. We are a faithful Disney :grouphug: family and shall always be (even if we do try Universal :rolleyes1 for the first time this coming trip)

I'm a proud 28 year old Disney Mom. I too love vintage Disney and especially love to collect Mickey mouse items from the 1920's, 30's & 40's I'm hoping to convert my husband and kids to Disney addicts. They have never been to WDW and they don't seem as excited as I am about going but I know that will change. It only takes 1 trip. Hey, there is nothing wrong with you at all. :thumbsup2

foolishmortal said:
30 years old, have live365 pay membership just for all the disney channels, have Tower of Terror background, play a ToT sim every day, am a member of 3 different disney forums, have Haunted Mansion as a ringtone, and have a wife that thinks I am crazy...lol, but she likes wdw too.

Forgot to mention I even bought ride through dvd's on Ebay to help plan :thumbsup2 our trips.

That's funny... for ringtones I have Grim Grinning Ghosts, Peter Pan's Flight Queue, How Do you Do (Splash Mountain), and Yo Ho Yo Ho... People look at me like I'm nuts when my phone rings to "Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirate's life for me...".

It's all good though, Disney has really become a hobby of mine, and I enjoy it...

I am currently searching for the "Boo To You" 2005 Halloween Parade audio from MNSSHP... if anyone knows where I can find it I would really appreciate some insight... I LOVE that parade audio - and I only heard it once (live) and I'm dying to hear it again...

Thanks for all the replies - I knew there had to be some others out there like me - I just don't know anyone personally so I had to ask...

--Joe

°O°Joe said:
That's funny... for ringtones I have Grim Grinning Ghosts, Peter Pan's Flight Queue, How Do you Do (Splash Mountain), and Yo Ho Yo Ho... People look at me like I'm nuts when my phone rings to "Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirate's life for me...".

It's all good though, Disney has really become a hobby of mine, and I enjoy it...

I am currently searching for the "Boo To You" 2005 Halloween Parade audio from MNSSHP... if anyone knows where I can find it I would really appreciate some insight... I LOVE that parade audio - and I only heard it once (live) and I'm dying to hear it again...

Thanks for all the replies - I knew there had to be some others out there like me - I just don't know anyone personally so I had to ask...

--Joe

I've got the Mickey Mouse March!

I am a Disney Dad and proud of it. I have more fun planning the trips to Disney than the rest of the family has actually going. I love it. I am either looking at one of my DVD's, my DisneyWorld Explorer CD, or I am on this board almost the whole time I am at home. Anything to get ready and be prepared for a great trip.

Thank goodness there are others out there! I am a 28 year old father of 2, and I am a huge Disney Fan! I love the movies, the parks the shows, you name it, I dig it. I am also addicted to VMK. I say addicted because I play it at night when everyone else is still asleep. :)

It is pretty tough because other than loving the mouse, I am a huge Bubba. I like to drink beer, watch hockey and football, and BBQ.

Is it bad to have kids just to have an excuse to want to go to WDW every year instead of Cancun?

Alex

°O°Joe said:

--Joe

My phone plays the Main Street Electrical Light Parade. Great for meatings, libraries and any other quiet occasions...

:)

My DH does not post but he lurks. It is not unusual for him to describe to me over dinner the pictures on the Disney Resort/DCL/Disney Picture of the Day threads, then show me the actual pictures later on.

Many of his favorite tee shirts are ones I've bought him on our trips. Even on Disney cruises, his tie and some of his dress shirts are nice Disney designs. He finds it a lot of fun wear these things and see others wearing them also, but as he says, he's secure enough in his manhood to not let any ribbing bother him :goodvibes (though if you saw him, you'd think anyone would be :crazy: to try, LOL).

It was really funny a couple of weeks ago. Our dog was going nuts in the car over another dog, and she broke the little hula lady from the Polynesian that he had on the dashboard of his truck. I later found it in a vise with glue on it - it was bent way beyond repair, but he was trying to fix it. :( I guess I'll have to buy him another. :rotfl:

Count me in for ALL THE ABOVE reasons!!!!! I also have a Dis Brother(who is a dad/Grandpa) & Dis Nephews!

It is ONLY the MALES in our family who are Dis fanatics.

The woman folk idea of 'fun' is just laying on a beach!!!!!! :sad2:

44 yo DD father of two. We all love it! Been hooked since mom & dad took me to WDW around 1973. I remember for years leading up to that (had to be late '60's) watching Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights (before Bonanza which my Dad and brothers were waiting to watch). Anyway, on Wonderful World of Disney, they would occasionally show updates on the construction at WDW so I think I could fairly say that my "interest" goes back to the single digit ages. When we went that first time, we stayed at the Contemporary. Wow, what a trip. It's hard to imagine today that back then it was just the MK, Contemporary and Polynesian.

Ok, so do I sound like I'm into it? Yup and we're going again soon for second trip with our own kiddies. I can't wait! :banana:

P.S. thanks mom & dad :)

I am a 37yr old father of 3 (DD 11, DD 8 & DS 3). I am not as obsessed as the OP. But, I can go to Disney every month...Sadly, I only go an average of once a year. My wife likes Disney, but was never a big fan. I was lucky to get her to go for a 3 night stay. She hated going commando. But, I finally convinced her to go for 7 nights last year, with the requirement that we not rush around. Well, she loves it now. And thanks to the free dining program we are headed back this August for 6 nights at the Contemporary.

Luckily, my kids are big fans also. :thumbsup2 :banana:

36 - Father to 4 boys (8,5,5,10 months)

I am doing all of the planning for our trip. I love doing it and my wife says she will just go along with whatever I plan!

40 years old Total Disney NUT..

DD is following in my footsteps and DW is coming along .
I have the HM entrance room speel as my rigntone for messages that I get all day long.Wallpapers on on Computer,blackberry ,and cell.

I go to DL and WDW every chance I get (sometimes solo ,sorry kid).I was lucky the past 5 years to be playing Paintball and playing at WWoS so another trip excuse .I stopped plating so bought DVC to keep going.

I check the Dis most of the day just to find the nice TR and Pics.

Others don't get it but I could care less .I like the ones that say I could be spending my money on better things like the bars every friday.I ask them what they did 2 years ago and they can't remember I can remember something from every trip to the World and you just can't beat that.

Count me in. I didn't get to go until I was just about 40 but I am hopping for many more trips in our future. I have even manged to use Disney in some of the classes that I teach.

Likely both my dw and ds(5) are crazy about Disney too. DS can almost beat everyone at the Disney Scene It game.

°O°Joe said:
--Joe

I have all 15 min of it on cell Mp3 player it's like a 16m file .

This place also had it but he has exceded his bandwith for now but it should be fixed soon.http://www.atlantisattitude.com/audio/Audio/

Hi Joe,
I am a 32 year old father of 2 who LOVES anything Disney, but my wife loves it too. Sorry to hear that the wife isn' t a huge fan. Maybe with enough visits to the world you can convert her!!
Goodluck,
Carl

Hey evryone, I'm also a HUGE dis freak :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2. Just can't seem to get enough. It is good to know that we are not alone. after reading this post I need to know where everyone has got the Dis. ring tones from, and how do you get to the music channel (live365). We are a famliy of four Dis freaks DW(30) DS(11) DD(4) and my self(30), non of us can ever get enough Dis..............We also converted my DW parents into Dis freaks they are both over 50, and proud Dis GP. They were so hooked on it after there first trip last year they went in with us on DVC, so we have many more years to enjoy the "MAGIC" :wizard:

Kitts21 said:
Hey evryone, I'm also a HUGE dis freak :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2. Just can't seem to get enough. It is good to know that we are not alone. after reading this post I need to know where everyone has got the Dis. ring tones from, and how do you get to the music channel (live365). We are a famliy of four Dis freaks DW(30) DS(11) DD(4) and my self(30), non of us can ever get enough Dis..............We also converted my DW parents into Dis freaks they are both over 50, and proud Dis GP. They were so hooked on it after there first trip last year they went in with us on DVC, so we have many more years to enjoy the "MAGIC" :wizard:

I got my ringtones from NEXTPIMP.com There is also DISNEY MOBILE that has them for most cell phones.I also get several PODCAST from Itunes(you don't need an Ipod to get all the good stuff ).My cell is a Mp3 player as well so it converts some rings that way as well and lets me carry my music around with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter