Any options on hotels on arrival day?

ZehnJahren

DIS Veteran
We're coming in on a flight that arrives on a Friday at 810 a.m. We wanted to make sure that our (timeshare) hotel room was ready when we get in to the area so we can immediately settle in and nap, so we booked a Thursday to Thursday room. When we arrive Friday the room will already be blocked for us since Thursday, and we can get right in upon arrival (this has worked really well for us in the past, and we'll be traveling with a young child so it's imperative! ).

However, the rooms that book Thursday to Thursday are at a resort we really don't care to stay at due to distance to the parks. Our absolute favorite is only open Friday to Friday, so we couldn't guarantee our room would be ready upon arrival. We have to get there early Friday as we're doing MNSSHP that night.

Is there any way to reserve a room at any hotel and somehow pay to get in early? Or, pay for an extended check out so we could reserve a Thursday room that we would only use Friday during the day? Any way to pay extra at ANY hotel and do this? I'm dying to stay at our favorite but having a room upon arrival (probably around 9 am) is most important.

You could try calling the hotels closest to where you are staying. The hard part is if you need it all day Friday you almost need to reserve Thursday and Friday night.

You can always ask but unless its in their terms I wouldn't just take their word for it and prepare for the worst if it doesn't work out.

If they state anything that is not their policy ask for an email from the manager as you are worried about it not being their official policy. You can then see if the late check out time is late enough for you.

The Hyatt at MCO offers a "day room" rate -- I'm not sure the hours, but I know people do this after a cruise when their flight doesn't leave until late afternoon or evening. It might work for your needs.

Enjoy your vacation!

You guys are the best. We got a day room on that Friday, and it was cheap! I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm so excited to move our timeshare room. We're keeping the room for the whole week and spending two of those nights at beach club - we're ready now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter