Any opinions on the CS in Mexico?

marylouwho

Mouseketeer
We didn't get to book the TS in Mexico, but has anyone eaten at the CS in Mexico? Its called Cantina de San Angel.

Thanks for your help in deciding!

We stop here for nachos when we snack around the world. We like these but there isn't anything special about them and you problably have better nachos at your local mexican restuarant but this is our first stop after leaving future world. Our family shares all of our snacks so we eat at a lot of countries.:)

Exceptionally mediocre. Not bad, but not good either. One of the few CS "meal" options on that side of World Showcase though, so we often stop---Norway is more like a cafe, Outpost has hot dogs, Italy doesn't have one, and Germany is better hot dogs. ;) The only other option without traipsing across the lagoon or returning to Future World is China.

thanks for your opinions! This is just a 4 day, 3 night trip, so we don't have time for mediorce.

:banana: less than 2 weeks!!!

We were there last week and I won't go back again. Both of our meals were fine but definately not good and you'd definately get better Mexican at home. Very very bland. So many great places I'd go somewhere else. We do love the fish & chips in England!

Yes it is gross, they serve greasy fatty chicken thighs instead of white meat AND they will not let you sub ground beef for chicken for the taco salad EVEN THOUGH they have both meats available and EVEN THOUGH there is a food slot behind the counter for special orders and substitutions.

WHY CANT WDW USE WHITE MEAT!!!!!

I STRONGLY disagree with the previous posters! It is my family's favorite CS place in Epcot. LOVE the combination platter - it is soooo good, with a warm crispy/chewy churro for dessert! Mmmmmm......:lovestruc

We didn't get to book the TS in Mexico, but has anyone eaten at the CS in Mexico? Its called Cantina de San Angel.

Thanks for your help in deciding!

It has better food than San Angel Inn (which speaks to how poor SAI is). Not great, but decent. I agree that it isn't the healthiest place. I vote grab a margarita and move on to another CS.

We stopped here for a casual lunch last year. It was not very good. Taco Bell is hands down 100% better than this. We will not return, Disney trips are too short for lousy food

We just ate there for lunch on May 11th. My DH (the world's pickiest eater) actually thought the lunch was pretty good and better than Taco Bell. He had the combo platter. I had the salad with chicken sans cheese and sour cream (lactose intolerant). It was good. I guess the best thing was the quality of the food was on par with the cost of it. Compared to what we ate at MK, the food at Epcot was much better.

We like and usually eat there at least once during our trips. No, it is not gourmet food, but, it is just fine in our oppinion. We also like this relaxing spot sitting next to the water.

DH and I have both eaten there on separate occasions. DH said he liked it, better than Taco Bell and he's a Taco Bell Addict. The kids and I shared the combo platter in Jan and even my picky DD enjoyed part of it. I don't remember too much else about it so I guess I thought it was okay too. If I hated it, I would definitely remember it.

We typically do an "Eat Around The World" lunch one day and dinner another day. We always include the Mexico CS. The four of us enjoy sharing a combination plate :thumbsup2

we were not happy with the TS Mexican food and everyone enjoyed the fast food mexican.....I think that it is because we are not used to authentic foods.....but loved the nachos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter