Any one rethinking the sky liner?

I just figured that i might change my mind, our trip is in 5 months. I am thinking about no air over water etc.

I had already changed my vote to no after one ride on it on opening day.

I'm not afraid of heights, nor gondola systems, as I use these in ski resort areas with no problem. What got to me was that it took over 65 minutes to go from DHS to Epcot due to the frequent stops and having to transfer at CBR. I found it no more efficient than the bus, walking, or even the boat.

Honestly, they really are a very nice addition to WDW and are far more convenient and enjoyable than the buses. It was great for going between HS and EPCOT taking less than twenty minutes to get between the parks. Was a constant debate between using them or the boats this last week and ended up going with the skyliner everytime.

As with anything there will be growing pains and it is impossible to account for absolutely everything that could go wrong. You're also far more likely to hear about them when something goes wrong rather than things going well, similar to how it is for flying. The only times people really hear about and think about commercial airlines and flying is when something goes wrong, forgetting how infrequently such incidents occur compared to the number of flights that happen everyday.

It’s changed my DD’s mind. Earlier this morning I was reading a story about it, and she saw my screen and wanted to read the story too. Her reaction, “Mom, we are not going on that thing!” I was never excited about it in the first place but was willing to do it once or twice for my DD. If she doesn’t want to ride it, though, we will be using other methods of transportation. It won’t change where we’re staying in 5 days (or in December), but I don’t think we will be riding.

I won't ride the monorail, either.
I feel the same and try to plan our trips so that we aren’t in a place where we need to use it as transportation. Unfortunately, my DD still likes it even after we got stuck on it (about 20 minutes) last year. I ride it on occasion for her but try to use the boats (or Uber) whenever possible.

It’s changed my DD’s mind. Earlier this morning I was reading a story about it, and she saw my screen and wanted to read the story too. Her reaction, “Mom, we are not going on that thing!” I was never excited about it in the first place but was willing to do it once or twice for my DD. If she doesn’t want to ride it, though, we will be using other methods of transportation. It won’t change where we’re staying in 5 days (or in December), but I don’t think we will be riding.

I feel the same and try to plan our trips so that we aren’t in a place where we need to use it as transportation. Unfortunately, my DD still likes it even after we got stuck on it (about 20 minutes) last year. I ride it on occasion for her but try to use the boats (or Uber) whenever possible.

We are hopping from the MK to Epcot on day one and when my husband assumed we were using the monorail I said no way. We will walk to CR and catch a Lyft from there.

We have been considering upgrading our hotel, after last nights accident. We are thinking maybe we dont want to ride them. I know no one was hurt, i just dont know

I'm in the same boat for my January trip. Was looking forward to it after all the positive reviews...I know people are gonna say it's just part of growing pains for something new, but I really don't wanna risk being stuck in one of these for who knows how long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter