Any of you Campers live in Florida?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
The reason why I ask is....we are looking to get a condo/townhouse south and maybe west of Disney. And or a great golf course to live on?
Finding a place to live may not be that tough. But.... I haven't found any places that will store a travel trailer on the same property or community that we would live in. So......do any of you florida guys keep your rv where you live? Know of any places that do. I know we could use an outside storage company but would rather keep our stuff near us.
Thanks,
Chris

We do live in FL, but not close to Disney. We are not able to keep our RV in the neighborhood and I do not know of any local "association" communities that offer that. We do have it in a locked storage yard 5 minutes from home. We are able to park it in our yard for loading and unloading, which makes it pretty easy to get ready for trips. There are plenty of storage facilities, and you may be discounting some great living options if you narrow your search to only places with onsite storage. You may wish to look at private homes not governed by covenants or restrictions if that is a priority for you.
Good luck!

"There are plenty of storage facilities, and you may be discounting some great living options if you narrow your search to only places with onsite storage." Excellent point I am learning....Would rather go condo route with all the amenities and store her nearby. The house thing is out, thanks for the tip on those restrictions too tho.

We live about 40 minutes SW of Disney in a 55 plus community called Lake Ashton. It has two 18 hole golf courses, lots of lakes for bass fishing (one is large enough for boating and has a large boat dock and ramp) and onsite storage for RVs and boats. We actually live in an RV home which has an attached garage large enough for motorhomes and large 5th wheels, they also have regular 2-3 bdrm homes. We looked all over FL and found Lake Ashton to be very reasonably priced and offer more for the money than any place in FL. Checkout their website and their homes for sale.

I am intrigued by Lake Ashton....I have a few questions for you...cant pm you until you hit 10 posts.

We live about 40 minutes SW of Disney in a 55 plus community called Lake Ashton. It has two 18 hole golf courses, lots of lakes for bass fishing (one is large enough for boating and has a large boat dock and ramp) and onsite storage for RVs and boats. We actually live in an RV home which has an attached garage large enough for motorhomes and large 5th wheels, they also have regular 2-3 bdrm homes. We looked all over FL and found Lake Ashton to be very reasonably priced and offer more for the money than any place in FL. Checkout their website and their homes for sale.

that is very affordable, nice looking homes too

I will make an appointment to see Lake Ashton for sure.
Are there any other golf communities that you would recommend to look at?
Thanks!

We live in Winter Haven less than 10 minutes from Lake Ashton. It is a very nice community and the area around is nice.

Thanks for the input. Do you have any other ideas or suggestions on where else to look?
Thanks,
Chris

Not for condos on a golf course. There is another housing community in Winter Haven on a golf course, Cypresswood. You may want to try Davenport or Poinciana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!