Any news on the Disney Fantasy vibration issue?

Hegemon

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about how the Fantasy's dry-dock went. I know that shipyard specializes in vibration issues, but I haven't heard anything in months about whether (a) that's what they actually worked on and (b) it was successful. Any updates? Thanks!

Actually the Fantasy re-entered Dry Dock a few days ago after conducting sea trials for a couple of days off the coast of France. So she's back out of the water, Hull inspection and repainting I believe is slated for this turn around, but no word on the vibration issues.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about how the Fantasy's dry-dock went. I know that shipyard specializes in vibration issues, but I haven't heard anything in months about whether (a) that's what they actually worked on and (b) it was successful. Any updates? Thanks!
We sailed on her 9/19 and had an aft facing stateroom. The vibration was horrendous, especially at speed at sea. To think I paid a premium for that stateroom. I would hope they would get that fixed.

Are the vibration issues just on the aft side? I’m cruising fantasy for the first time (hopefully!) next December but I’ll be deck 12, forward....

Are the vibration issues just on the aft side? I’m cruising fantasy for the first time (hopefully!) next December but I’ll be deck 12, forward....
We've been in the starboard side aft, port side mid-ship, and starboard side mid-ship.

The first cruise was the worst. The second, better, but you could still feel the vibrations. Those two cruises were B2B, so a fairly equal comparison.

The third cruise was after the vibration was supposedly fixed, and, while it wasn't noticeable so much midship, it was still there in the aft (could feel it quite a bit in the dining rooms).

We sailed on deck 12, forward in February 2019 and did not feel any vibrations but YMMV.

We sailed on her 9/19 and had an aft facing stateroom. The vibration was horrendous, especially at speed at sea. To think I paid a premium for that stateroom. I would hope they would get that fixed.

Same here. And ours was a DVC cruise so we were already paying a big premium! So noisy we couldn't even sleep. Couldn't wait to get off that cruise. We had rooms in other parts of the ship, no issues but you couldn't give me another aft facing for free!

I am a marine engineer who went to college a few years ago with an engineer who is employed by DCL.

While he didn't explicitly say that the vibrations issues have been fixed he has told me that the entire two deck high propulsion motor had been refurbished over the span of a month or so.

I'm just putting two and two together on that one but I am confident in my assumption. If I am wrong I apologise in advance for getting your collective hopes up 🙃

Honestly, I wouldn't risk booking the aft. Not worth it. I really don't think they have any intention of fixing it, it's been a problem for an extremely long time.

I'm just putting two and two together on that one but I am confident in my assumption. If I am wrong I apologise in advance for getting your collective hopes up 🙃

Honestly Dr. Vovin, I'm totally cool if you're wrong. I'll take informed reasoning over wild speculation any day! 👨‍🎓👩‍🎓

Thanks for the update, and even more so for the details!

Honestly, I wouldn't risk booking the aft. Not worth it. I really don't think they have any intention of fixing it, it's been a problem for an extremely long time.
I think its something they would like to do, but it takes time and money.
I think they have had to price those aft rooms consistently at a discount or as *GT.

It did require sending Fantasy over to a European shipyard - and possibly giving up a couple of months of revenues.

I guess we won't know until we know... On the plus side, those AFT rooms have been moved from Category 5E to 4E for 2022. They are now more expensive and considered "premium", so one should expect that this has been fixed, or somehow dealt with. On the down side, and not trying to read to much into this, the Fantasy appears to be crossing the Atlantic at a fairly moderate speed of 12kn but sea is rough today and it is still through the Channel. Crossing is expected to take exactly 14 nights, this is a bit on the long side for a TATL - but could be so that they spend exactly 14 days of quarantine at sea... Going slow would not be a good sign re: vibration... but this may have absolutely nothing to do with vibrations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter