Any news on 21 day Disney tickets?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I'm planning on going for 3 weeks next August and can obviously only book parks for 14 days. This means that I can't book anything for our last week which isn't ideal as it's my daughters birthdays. Don't suppose anyone has heard anything? I only found out about this yesterday 🙄

I'm planning on going for 3 weeks next August and can obviously only book parks for 14 days. This means that I can't book anything for our last week which isn't ideal as it's my daughters birthdays. Don't suppose anyone has heard anything? I only found out about this yesterday 🙄
i haven't heard anything, but i can imagine how frustrating this is for you....
i can't understand why they've done this to UK guests.
It makes no sense.
They know UK guests like to come for 3 weeks.
And we know WDW is hard up for resort guests, so why would they make it so difficult for UK guests to come for an extended period.
I really don't understand their reasoning.

Disney aren't brining them back unfortunately

this is a major problem for us and i don't know why disney doesn't understand that..
overseas visitors spend BIG BUCKS at WDW and a lot of us stay for 21 days....

i'm starting to think about our trip in summer 2022...
as always, it's a 21 day stay....but how?
they're not selling the 21 days tickets and they're not selling APs...
so what are we supposed to do????
going for less than 21 days just doesn't make sense for us...
are they writing us off?

That's such a shame. I'd be ok with 14 days if you were able to use them over 21 days instead of just 15. What about annual pass upgrades?

That's such a shame. I'd be ok with 14 days if you were able to use them over 21 days instead of just 15. What about annual pass upgrades?
i don't know..
they're not selling new APs though they are selling renewals...
i would think upgrades to APs would be considered new APs but i don't know..

Last edited:

this is a major problem for us and i don't know why disney doesn't understand that..
overseas visitors spend BIG BUCKS at WDW and a lot of us stay for 21 days....

i'm starting to think about our trip in summer 2022...
as always, it's a 21 day stay....but how?
they're not selling the 21 days tickets and they're not selling APs...
so what are we supposed to do????
going for less than 21 days just doesn't make sense for us...
are they writing us off?

I know, it’s totally rubbish! Have you thought about a beach holiday for a week and then doing 14 nights at Disney?

I know, it’s totally rubbish! Have you thought about a beach holiday for a week and then doing 14 nights at Disney?

We do this . We have done 3/4 week trips but only ever done 2 week in Disney . We then head out to the beach/ Miami / cruise /Florida keys.

If you really really want to stick with Disney you could do lots of resort dining and hopping and try book meals with firework views. Plus visiting Disney springs. To fill the remainder non park ticketed days. I felt we really didnt take advantage of our onsite Disney resort, we literally slept there only.

the only reason we fly to the US is to visit WDW....
3 weeks sounds like a long time, but really it's not...(in fact, it's way too little time)..
we're not interested in anything else, just WDW..
but they're making it really difficult, i have to admit...

We do this . We have done 3/4 week trips but only ever done 2 week in Disney . We then head out to the beach/ Miami / cruise /Florida keys.

If you really really want to stick with Disney you could do lots of resort dining and hopping and try book meals with firework views. Plus visiting Disney springs. To fill the remainder non park ticketed days. I felt we really didnt take advantage of our onsite Disney resort, we literally slept there only.

we do do a lot of resort stuff...but interspersed with our park time over the course of 3 or 4 weeks..
to take an entire week or two of non park wouldn't work at all for us..
we take time off along the way...

Disney aren't brining them back unfortunately

Have they actually stated this or is it just rumours? Is there a link?

we do do a lot of resort stuff...but interspersed with our park time over the course of 3 or 4 weeks..
to take an entire week or two of non park wouldn't work at all for us..
we take time off along the way...

Same for us. A week off doing 'other stuff' is not why I go to Orlando. I can do 'other stuff' on other holidays. I've seen everything I want to see in Orlando over the years, it's now pretty much only Disney and a bit of other parks we go there for.

Even after a day at Discovery Cove or wherever, we nearly always finish our day in a Disney park, be it Epcot for a couple of drinks or MK for fireworks/ice cream/late night Splash Mountain.

It's just frustrating that the main option is going to be to buy 2 x 14 day passes. As you know, you can't save money by buying 3 x 7 day passes due to the pricing structure. It's gone from being just short of ÂŁ2,000 for a family of four to ÂŁ3,500.

I'm not convinced they won't bring it back which is why i'm interesting in seeing an official statement from them.

Have they actually stated this or is it just rumours? Is there a link?

Same for us. A week off doing 'other stuff' is not why I go to Orlando. I can do 'other stuff' on other holidays. I've seen everything I want to see in Orlando over the years, it's now pretty much only Disney and a bit of other parks we go there for.

Even after a day at Discovery Cove or wherever, we nearly always finish our day in a Disney park, be it Epcot for a couple of drinks or MK for fireworks/ice cream/late night Splash Mountain.

It's just frustrating that the main option is going to be to buy 2 x 14 day passes. As you know, you can't save money by buying 3 x 7 day passes due to the pricing structure. It's gone from being just short of ÂŁ2,000 for a family of four to ÂŁ3,500.

I'm not convinced they won't bring it back which is why i'm interesting in seeing an official statement from them.

i'm also not convinced they won't bring it back..
i keep hoping they will and hope that they see all our posts about it..

we're like you.....even if we do something else, we'll spend at least part of the day in the parks..
there is no other reason for us to fly to the USA except to visit WDW...
but they're really making it a challenge..
we pay for 9 people...my husband, me, my daughter and son in law, and my son, daughter in law and their 3 kids..
that's a LOT of tickets and if i have to buy two tickets for everyone, instead of one, i won't be able to do it....
i really don't understand the logic to getting rid of the 21 day ticket...
maybe when they're trying to limit capacity?
but now it seems they're hard up for visitors, so you'd think they would encourage those of us who are crazy enough to come for such a long visit...

but now it seems they're hard up for visitors, so you'd think they would encourage those of us who are crazy enough to come for such a long visit...

Does it? Pricing hasn't gone down and there are some days that it does reach capacity so not sure where you've heard they are hard up for visitors? Yes they are making less money on visitors but thats because capacity is limited rather than lack of visitors I would think or am I missing something?

Does it? Pricing hasn't gone down and there are some days that it does reach capacity so not sure where you've heard they are hard up for visitors? Yes they are making less money on visitors but thats because capacity is limited rather than lack of visitors I would think or am I missing something?

we're talking about next year, not this year...
people have to begin planning now for next year...
without tickets they can't book park reservations..
and without park reservations, who's actually going to seriously plan?
they've put us into a catch 22 situation..

and by the way, they are a long way from capacity...
there have been a few special days that have reached capacity, but most of the time they're not even close..
several resorts are completely closed and the ones that are open barely have guests...
but right now none of us can travel there anyway...
but when we can, they'd do well to make it possible for us to stay a while..

Last edited:
This is so true. Have you thought about booking a package with tickets through a US TA, so that you can make your APRs and then, if the 21 day ticket is released in U.K. amending the US package to room only? The APRs seem to stick, even if you swap things around.

This is so true. Have you thought about booking a package with tickets through a US TA, so that you can make your APRs and then, if the 21 day ticket is released in U.K. amending the US package to room only? The APRs seem to stick, even if you swap things around.

we're DVC now..
the last package we booked was in 2017.
That one was direct with disney.uk
We bought DVC in 2018.

we're talking about next year, not this year...
people have to begin planning now for next year...
they've put us into a catch 22 situation..

and by the way, they are a long way from capacity...
there have been a few special days that have reached capacity, but most of the time they're not even close..
several resorts are completely closed and the ones that are open barely have guests...
but right now, none of us can travel there anyway...
but when we can, they'd do well to make it possible for us to stay a while..

Fair points I just don't see this meaning they are "hard up" for visitors that's all. Capacity is clearly subjective as I was on about the fact that most weekends are booked out from what I've seen on the app (for AP holders at least) and that the hotels that are open are actually busy. What I'm surprised they haven't done is actually allow the 14 day ticket to be used over a longer period (21 days for example) as this would give more flexibility and allow people to spend longer at other areas like Disney Springs and spending money there instead. At the moment as UK travel isn't allowed I wouldn't expect the 21 day to reappear in all honesty not until they have clear idea of when the travel will be reopened. Remember people are booking slots for time periods when they are then getting cancelled which means people who could actually visit aren't able to book. So for instance currently cancellations from UK are only through March is it so there are a lot of people I'm sure booked for April and May who have park reservations. Someone in the US who could get to the parks may not be able to book a reservation currently because of this and therefore doesn't travel but then the April and May reservations get cancelled so Disney looses out. If they allow 21 day tickets that's even more days booked. The longest multiday you can purchase in US is 10 so letting UK have 14 days would make it almost comparable to what a US person could book but I just feel the 21 day one would be blocking out too many days for Disney to risk until its clearer when we will be using them.

Happy to be proved very wrong though!

Fair points I just don't see this meaning they are "hard up" for visitors that's all. Capacity is clearly subjective as I was on about the fact that most weekends are booked out from what I've seen on the app (for AP holders at least) and that the hotels that are open are actually busy. What I'm surprised they haven't done is actually allow the 14 day ticket to be used over a longer period (21 days for example) as this would give more flexibility and allow people to spend longer at other areas like Disney Springs and spending money there instead. At the moment as UK travel isn't allowed I wouldn't expect the 21 day to reappear in all honesty not until they have clear idea of when the travel will be reopened. Remember people are booking slots for time periods when they are then getting cancelled which means people who could actually visit aren't able to book. So for instance currently cancellations from UK are only through March is it so there are a lot of people I'm sure booked for April and May who have park reservations. Someone in the US who could get to the parks may not be able to book a reservation currently because of this and therefore doesn't travel but then the April and May reservations get cancelled so Disney looses out. If they allow 21 day tickets that's even more days booked. The longest multiday you can purchase in US is 10 so letting UK have 14 days would make it almost comparable to what a US person could book but I just feel the 21 day one would be blocking out too many days for Disney to risk until its clearer when we will be using them.

Happy to be proved very wrong though!

availability for APs isn't the same as availability for resort guests.
They keep back capacity for resort guests and only let a certain number of APs who don't have resort reservations book on any given day.
so if you're looking as an AP holder, but without a resort reservation, it's going to appear booked up to you, but it's not...

i agree about allowing the 14 day ticket be used over a longer period of time..
i can't understand why they haven't done that..
i assume they didn't allow it before because they wanted to push you into buying the 21 day ticket, but now the 21 day ticket isn't available..

availability for APs isn't the same as availability for resort guests.
They keep back capacity for resort guests and only let a certain number of APs who don't have resort reservations book on any given day.
so if you're looking as an AP holder, but without a resort reservation, it's going to appear booked up to you, but it's not...

i agree about allowing the 14 day ticket be used over a longer period of time..
i can't understand why they haven't done that..
i assume they didn't allow it before because they wanted to push you into buying the 21 day ticket, but now the 21 day ticket isn't available..

That makes sense about the APs just assumed if there was availability on the day they would allow APs to book close to the time but not from sounds of it.

I really hope they do think about extending the 14 day ticket to allow it to be used over a long period. It would make a lot of people's stays easier to plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter