• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any new reviews/photos of Doubletree DTD?

Magalex

DIS Veteran
Doubletree Guest Suites in DTD is on my short list of possible resorts for next year. They have recently completed renovations in lobby/restaurant areas. Are there any new photos of the renovations? Any opinions accepted!

We are staying there next weekend (Fri & Sat night) so I'll post when we get back. We got a very good rate from mousesavers so we're going to try it. There will be 5 (maybe 6) of us so the extra room will be appreciated.

We are very interested too because we are staying at the Doubletree Suites for the first time in May. I'm wondering how it will be for our 4 year old. So please post on your return!

Thanks.:yay:

That would be awesome! We will be looking forward to an update/review on the Doubletree Suites. Sometimes the travel or hotel's main websites don't update their photos. Yes, mousesavers always have good rates and meal discounts for this hotel. Have a good time! :wizard:

Please forgive me as I didn't have time to take pictures of the room BUT our room was exactly like the one pictured on the mousesaver website. We were on the fifth floor and had a room that faced DTD. The room was very clean and it was just right for us. We actually had an additional person going (6 in total) and didn't feel crowded at all. We were extremely happy with the amount of room and it's upgrades.

We got our rate from a mousesaver newsletter ($159 Friday, $129 Saturday) and it included breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children (cold breakfast.) This is a good rate even without the breakfast but since it was included, we tried it Saturday morning. The only part that I was disappointed in was with this setup. The cold breakfast included cereal, fruit, breads, milk and juice. You could upgrade to add the hot bar for an additional $7 for adult, $5 for child. But there wasn't that much more for the additional money. Anyway, it wasn't really a problem but something to be aware of if you get the room with this type of breakfast. Also, I'm sure they overcharged us because it cost $25 for one upgrade, one childs breakfast, and one adult cold breakfast. The really should have just charged us for one adult full breakfast and one childs cold breakfast but as hard as I tried to explain it to them, I just couldn't get my point across. I gave up and we went to McDonald's the next morning. We didn't get to the pool as it was cool this weekend and we didn't take the transportation. Easier to carry the stollers and kids in the car. Please ask if there is anything I might can answer for you.

Please forgive me as I didn't have time to take pictures of the room BUT our room was exactly like the one pictured on the mousesaver website. We were on the fifth floor and had a room that faced DTD. The room was very clean and it was just right for us. We actually had an additional person going (6 in total) and didn't feel crowded at all. We were extremely happy with the amount of room and it's upgrades.

We got our rate from a mousesaver newsletter ($159 Friday, $129 Saturday) and it included breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children (cold breakfast.) This is a good rate even without the breakfast but since it was included, we tried it Saturday morning. The only part that I was disappointed in was with this setup. The cold breakfast included cereal, fruit, breads, milk and juice. You could upgrade to add the hot bar for an additional $7 for adult, $5 for child. But there wasn't that much more for the additional money. Anyway, it wasn't really a problem but something to be aware of if you get the room with this type of breakfast. Also, I'm sure they overcharged us because it cost $25 for one upgrade, one childs breakfast, and one adult cold breakfast. The really should have just charged us for one adult full breakfast and one childs cold breakfast but as hard as I tried to explain it to them, I just couldn't get my point across. I gave up and we went to McDonald's the next morning. We didn't get to the pool as it was cool this weekend and we didn't take the transportation. Easier to carry the stollers and kids in the car. Please ask if there is anything I might can answer for you.

Was the lobby or restaurant updated? There have been reports that these areas have been updated in Dec 2007/Jan. 2008. How long did it take to get to the hotel parking lot to the front gates of the parks? How was customer service( friendly etc.) and housekeeping?

Was the lobby or restaurant updated? There have been reports that these areas have been updated in Dec 2007/Jan. 2008.. How long did it take to get to the hotel parking lot to the front gates of the parks? How was customer service( friendly etc.) and housekeeping?

We had not stayed here before so I'm not sure what the lobby or restaurant looked like but it looks very nice now. Had a lot of the modern furniture. I heard a teenager talking about some type of birdcage that use to be in the lobby but was now gone. Housekeeping replinished what was used in the bathroom including the soaps, shampoos, etc. Didn't have to call them for anything. The staff on the front desk was nice. No complaints. The ice machines are not on every floor though, just every other. The kids didn't mind that though. It's a short ride to Epcot. That was the only place we visited. Took about 5 minutes. Wouldn't have been much more of a drive to the Magic Kingdom. We passed Animal Kingdom on our way in on Friday night (used the Western Way entrance) but due to the amount of traffic at downtown disney and a traffic light problem, we waited quite a bit. If traffic was good and not congested, it wouldn't take long to get to AK. They have bus transportation that runs very 30 minutes or so if you want to take that. I don't know if it's free to not. If it is, that would save you the parking fees at the parks. It's not $11 per day.

Thanks for the information. We would be renting a car for freedom to come and go. We are considering this hotel for the room space. We love staying on-site but this downtown disney hotel would be nice plus still in our comfort zone.:wizard:

As I posted earlier, we are going the end of May and also got a great Mousesavers rate of $109 per night that includes the cold breakfast. I can't wait! :banana: Glad to hear that you were happy with the room/suite and housekeeping. That's very important to me. Did the cold breakfast include muffins or pastries? What about coffee, is that extra? We rented a car also, but will probably use the bus transportation for the close parks like Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I'll also post on our return. :cool1:

Thanks again.

As I posted earlier, we are going the end of May and also got a great Mousesavers rate of $109 per night that includes the cold breakfast. I can't wait! :banana: Glad to hear that you were happy with the room/suite and housekeeping. That's very important to me. Did the cold breakfast include muffins or pastries? What about coffee, is that extra? We rented a car also, but will probably use the bus transportation for the close parks like Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I'll also post on our return. :cool1:

Thanks again.

That's a fantastic rate for the amount of space that you get. The cold breakfast did include the muffins and pastries. I did have a cinnamon roll and it was pretty good. Juice was included but I don't drink coffee so I'm not sure. Using the bus will save you $11 per day for parking. After several days, that can add up. Let us know if you use the pool. I was sad that I didn't get to it if only to look. There were some kids I passed in the hall going to swim but we just didn't have the time.

Thanks again.

Poly-Anna Have a Great Trip and remember to post a review! We will be waiting:)

Since it will be hot, we will definitely be using the pool! The last few years when we went Memorial Day week, it was in the 90's. I will definitely post a review when we return. But everything I have read so far has been positive. Plus the rate is awesome.

Thanks again for everyone's comments. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter