Any method to getting AAA rate?

loveDmouse

Mickey was first
When I made our reservations yesterday I was told there were no AAA rates, that they may have not been released yet and to try back.
How does that work? Is there a certain time they release them or do you just keep checking every once in a while to see? Just curious.

I booked for June 29th- July 8th & received a AAA rate. The rate is not always valid they do have some black out dates on/around holidays mainly Thanksgiving, Christmas & new years. I would try again and talk to a different rep.

I booked the cabins for july 13 thru 19 and rec'd AAA rate. I did this back in October. They may be out of AAA rate res.

Also, you didn't mention what dates you were looking for with the AAA discount. The AAA discount I believe is only available on a limited basis and then mostly during the off/slack periods. During high campsite demand season (which I think is mid-Feb to mid-April) and the Christmas holiday there may not be many AAA discount sites. When/if available they run between 10-20%.

I got a AAA discount for a week this March but I registered for it back in September. At a high level with more baby boomers buying RV's and camping and more families taking multi-generational vacations together, FW seems to be busier so discounted camping (whether via Winter Settler's rates or specific codes or AP or FL discounts) is getting harder to find at FW. That's why my strategy has become to try to book well in advance.

Good luck and keep trying! Call CRO every morning to see if you can get a cancellation.:upsidedow

Bama ED

The dates are Dec 8-15. I checked tonight and the girl I spoke to said they don't offer them for the preferred sites. I will probably check again sometime unless someone knows that it is a fact they don't offer on the preferred sites.

That might very well be. I had requested a full hook-up site and not a preferred. :eek:

Bama ED

That might very well be. I had requested a full hook-up site and not a preferred. :eek:

Bama ED

That is what she said. In fact she asked if I would like to check a full hookup site instead so maybe it is so.

I got a AAA discount for Dec. 10-23, 07on a preferred site. I booked it several months ago. Could be the limited number of sites available at a discount are already taken and that is why none are showing up now?:confused3

Would this also apply to AP discounts? I've used my AP discount for regular rooms at disney but never tried for a camp site since we just got our RV last summer and haven't taken it to FW yet. We have a preferred site/loop requested for this summer and I was hoping to get an AP discount when they come out.

I got a AAA rate for the end of May on a preferred site.

Maybe they are just out of them then. Oh well. I am just tickled to be going back.

In October we booked our June 10-22 2007 trip and got the room only discount and we just added another day to it at the same rate no problem. Just called 407-wdisney and told them I had the card, make sure they do apply it though, they forgot it at first until I mentioned it again, saved us over 200.00 just in the ASMU room.

I've had better luck reserving directly through AAA Travel. The Disney reservations people sometimes don't seem to know how to do the discounts. I wonder if this is an entry-level job with inadequate training.

Let me comment on this little discount problem. I called a few days ago to reserve a site for March 20th-23rd.

I asked if the site was available and it was. I am an annual pass holder, fl resident and have AAA. The operator said no discount was available, so I told her I'd call again. Called the next day and now they have the aph rate. It went from $90 to $72 so I'm happier.

Today I called because I joined disboard and saw the code for room only so I called to see if that code got any better rate. The cm acted like a b---- and I asked her if I was a burden to her. She was very nasty so I told her I was sorry I bothered her and hung up. It's a 50/50 chance for getting a nice cm. We've stayed at FW 8 times and will stay at least twice this year if not 3 or 4. Not that if I threatened not to come would it hurt WDW. I have only gotten the fl res. rate once. It's just who you talk to I think. My tip is call early and call often to check on availability. I have had some nice people on the phone so don't think I have a problem with all of them, but I have had a few who I wish would get another job.

I have reservations for a grand gathering for October. I called last September and got a AAA rate for full hook up. I just called the other day to add another site, now 6 sites and got AAA as well. Last year I couldn't get a discount at all.

have you tried to go through AAA directly. I did that when we went last april and got the AAA rate but then I called disney direct and got a cheaper rate

Would this also apply to AP discounts? I've used my AP discount for regular rooms at disney but never tried for a camp site since we just got our RV last summer and haven't taken it to FW yet. We have a preferred site/loop requested for this summer and I was hoping to get an AP discount when they come out.

AP rates are the hardest to get for the campsites, and are often not that great of a deal.

In December, I had a AAA rate for my partial hookup campsite, and called the day AP rates were released for that time period. They had the rate available, but it was actually HIGHER than AAA rate.

AAA rates for the following year get released in July/August each year. So if you are calling in June 2006 for January 2007, the rates will not have been "released" yet.

I usually make my room-only reservation and then start to call in July to inquire about AAA rates. Once they are available, I have them applied to my reservation.

The room-only rates can only be applied for a (I believe) 13 night period (used to be 10), so sometimes you are required to hold two separate reservations - checking out and checking back in. Not guaranteed, but in most cases you will have the same spot and will not be required to move.

Other posters are correct, in that only a certain amount are available - once their gone, they are gone - unless someone cancels.

I think I will just call them every once in a while and check about the AAA rate. I don't really want to cancel and rebook through AAA.
Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter