Any info on when the next Homeschool Day might be?

sandynd

Rookie Desperado
There may be a chance for me to take my DD down this year, but I would love to be able to take her to the Homeschool event. I know January's is over for the year but I haven't heard anything about any more scheduled days. Fingers crossed for late October - that would be an awesome time to go for so many reasons!

The week after Labor Day has the festival of joy/night of joy concerts - Christian music, etc. They intentionally schedule it at that point because most public schools have gone back, and homeschoolers can set own schedule. There are clearly lots of homeschoolers there at that time, but not sure if an "official" homeschool "event" - and obviously if you homeschool for different reasons, then may not appeal to you. Good luck!

Sorry for confusion - just saw on D website there are days with education programs, etc. You probably mean that - not just a day when there happen to be hschoolers at park.

Every year, we plan our trip around The Ultimate Field Trip, an event started almost a decade ago by homeschooling families. This event isn't planned/executed by Disney, though. However, the planners are authorized WDW TA's.

UFT takes place the week of Labor Day, and as a pp said, that's because school is back in session, NOJ takes place that second weekend, etc. We absolutely love it. Park attendance is at its lowest, and having the opportunity to meet and mingle with homeschoolers from all over the country is a blast. They plan several meet ups and special events for the kids. It's really a great opportunity :).

Every year, we plan our trip around The Ultimate Field Trip, an event started almost a decade ago by homeschooling families. This event isn't planned/executed by Disney, though. However, the planners are authorized WDW TA's.

UFT takes place the week of Labor Day, and as a pp said, that's because school is back in session, NOJ takes place that second weekend, etc. We absolutely love it. Park attendance is at its lowest, and having the opportunity to meet and mingle with homeschoolers from all over the country is a blast. They plan several meet ups and special events for the kids. It's really a great opportunity :).

Where can I find out more about the Ultimate Field Trip? We are homeschoolers and always up for a "field trip". :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter