Any info on the picnic cruise?

afsi3838

<font color=brown>Samantha Brown Rocks!<br><font c
I read on some link that this is held at fort wilderness? what is it exactly? do they still have it? thanks in advance for your help::MinnieMo

I don't know anything about a specific "picnic cruise" from Ft. Wilderness...maybe someone else does...

But - I think you might have heard that you can rent boats from some resorts (We did it at Yacht Club) and have a private cruise. Ours was fabulous - the driver took us down to MGM, and back up to Epcot, and somehow got clearance to actually go into World Showcase. We did this in the late afternoon as a surprise for my recently engaged sister and her fiance, and the whole family (including two preschoolers) loved it. In fact everyone wants to do it again.

As far as the picnic part - you can order food to be on the boat. Because we were doing a pre-dinner celebration, I had wine and cheese for the adults, fruit and juice for the kids, stuff like that. It was beautifully served and just really great.

BUT - it is pricey. I think the whole shabang cost me around $300 for a one-hour cruise. But then again, we had wine.

allearsnet.com has info on these cruises under "Beyond the Parks."

Hope this helps...

princess:

I'm not sure if this would be considered a picnic cruise but I read somewhere about a pirate cruise for kids at the grand floridian and after the kids find the treasure they have lunch. I don't remember where I read this but it sounded like fun for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter