Any info on the old Treehouse Villas

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
While we were in WDW last week we noticed the Treehouse Villas. Anyone know what they are planning to do with these? :confused:

LOL, we must have been on the same bus!!;) I noticed the sign was still up on our trip last week as well. No idea, although I seem to remember one of my newsletters mentioning them. I should go research, huh?!:teeth:

SuzyQue, we posted at the same time...I see I don't need to do any research, you've provided the answer!!:wave2:

If you're anything like me, I bet we wouldn't have had to twist your arm to get you to do that research though. ~;)~

On my last trip to Disney 3/31- 4/05 my DH and I stayed at POFQ and took the boat to downtown , we were told by the boat driver that they were under construction and will open at a later date?Lead us to believe that at sometime in the future they will reopen as a resort.My family stayed there in 1994 and hope they will reopen again in the future.

SuzyQue - LOL! You are so right, I was headed to allearsnet to check it out when I saw your post!!!:teeth:

Actually, a few years ago they were renovating them. We could see the work while taking a boat ride from OKW down toward PO. They had stripped a number of them down to the bare framing lumber. A year later, when we went they were still at it. My DH asked the bartender at OKW what the plans for them were and was told they were being used as housing for people in the WDW college programs and some other programs where people come down for weeks to months at a time.
We were at OKW in March and rented a boat for a ride again. We didn't see any people in/around the treehouses, but did see lights on in some of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter