Any Info on Halloween Hayride at Fort Wilderness?

lisareneeo

DIS Veteran
I read on Deb's site that Fort Wilderness will be having a Halloween hayride on certain evenings in October. I would love to get more information on this. Has anyone ever done this in the past? Any information would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Lisa

I went on the hayride a few years ago on Halloween night. It was fun! The kids loved it. I don't remember all of the details, I just remember waiting for the hayride at a certain spot. I'm heading down this weekend and I'm sure we'll ride it again this trip.

Halloween Hayrides at
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Retelling of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Across from Pioneer Hall at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
October 17, 18, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 and November 1, 2003
Operational times: Dusk until 10:00pm
Rides are 20 minutes in duration

Price: $10.00 for guests ages 10 and Up; $8.00 for guests ages 3-9; children under 3 are free

These hayrides sell out fast! Last year all the tickets for a Saturday were gone within 20 minutes. Maybe this year...

do you buy tickets for a specific time, i.e. the 8:00 ride, the 9:00 ride, etc, or do they just sell x amount of tickets for the night and it's first come first served and you wait in line until you get on one?

We went on the hayride on Friday, DH went first thing in the morning at 9 at the kennel. We were given a specific time (9:20 pm ) all rides were sold out for the night.

We thought the hayride was quite well done. A couple of the kids on our wagon were snuggled pretty close to their moms and dads for the ride :)

thanks dsneygirl! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)
do you know how quickly it sold out on Friday?

I'm not sure, my DH went right at 9 am to be on the safe side. They had 2 wagons running departing about 10 minutes apart and I'd say each probably held 25-30 people.

We went on Saturday night and it also was a sellout. We went to the kennel right at 9am and were able to choose from many times for that evening. We chose the 7:40pm ride and were back in time to go down to the campfire/sing-along and movie. The ride itself was really fun and a gentleman told of the legend of sleepy hollow. They rode us out into an area where the story unfolded. I won't give away the "scarey" ending but it was alot of fun and the kids "believed"!! :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter