Any idea when we might see 2022 discounts?

I think we need to throw history out the window. This time in 2020, they were trying to get people willing to travel.

Right now, people are able and willing to travel. So unless demand "normalizes" I don't see discounts returning any time soon.

But I could be wrong

I am curious too. We normally would see discounts for the following March offered in the first 3 weeks of October. Nothing yet. I can't help but wonder if demand is so high that they don't feel the need to offer discounts.

A better question is IF we'll see discounts
I just cant see paying full price! I’m guilty of having two deluxe rooms already booked now for end of August but the price is crazy. No way I’m paying that. I already factored in the discounted rate which based on past history for BW is 25%. If that doesnt happen we will either cancel or maybe book a moderate or swolphin and eat mostly at quick serve restaurants. I cant see Disney doing away completly with discounting. Wont it hurt their bottom line in the end? Who will pay these prices?

I just cant see paying full price! I’m guilty of having two deluxe rooms already booked now for end of August but the price is crazy. No way I’m paying that. I already factored in the discounted rate which based on past history for BW is 25%. If that doesnt happen we will either cancel or maybe book a moderate or swolphin and eat mostly at quick serve restaurants. I cant see Disney doing away completly with discounting. Wont it hurt their bottom line in the end? Who will pay these prices?

Everyone who’s booked for October, November & most of December.

You're part of the problem. If Disney anounces a room discount some people check to see if discounted rooms are available for the resort and dates they want. Othets have existing reservations. They check. If discounted rooms are available they are able to lower their rate.

Having an existing reservation doesn't give you any advantage in getting a discount vs a.guest making.a new booking. It only makes sense if you might pay the higher price and are afraid the resort may sell out
Discounts are limited by date and resort. Bookings like yours reduced Disney's incentive to include your resort and dates in a possible promotion.

Don't book something you'll never keep

Last edited:
I was able to book a room at All Star Music for our dates in the end of January on Priceline with an effective 16% off the rack rate. It's a fully cancelable reservation should Disney actually put out a discount and it be higher, which for a value resort may or may not happen. Priceline is doing 10% off on some dates and then there's a 7% off coupon out there as well. It's not huge, but it's better than nothing.

I just booked 3 nights beginning of May 2022 at the Dolphin. I was able to use their senior citizen discount and saved a bit over $300 for a king room resort view with a balcony. Plus I get my Marriott points and walk to Epcot and Studios. Had to pay upfront but it is fully refundable if cancelled more than 5 days to arrival.

You're part of the problem. If Disney anounces a room discount some people check to see if discounted rooms are available for the resort and dates they want. Othets have existing reservations. They check. If discounted rooms are available they are able to lower their rate.

Having an existing reservation doesn't give you any advantage in getting a discount vs a.guest making.a new booking. It only makes sense if you might pay the higher price and are afraid the resort may sell out
Discounts are limited by date and resort. Bookings like yours reduced Disney's incentive to include your resort and dates in a possible promotion.

Old habits die hard but your right. I have booked in advance of Disney releasing discounts for the last upteenth years and always applied discounts when released to my reservation. The only exceptions to this was when I booked a bounce back or thru that un named agency who I now miss so dearly…..But times are a changing so guess I have to change with 😒

I suspect it’s not as simple as demand being high or low. Rather, they have probably done some tests to determine if lowers costs will incentivize people who are too nervous of Covid to come. If that doesn’t work, but people who are not too wary are both willing and eager to come, the math may simply work out where lowering prices fails to bring in enough additional guests to make up for discounts given to people that would have come at a higher rate. Why give 10 people a discount to try and attract one additional person? Going to need a lot more people a lot more comfortable with traveling to a densely packed hot spot to stand in line together with their children before deals start coming back, no doubt.

I booked the Poly months ago for February 2022 hoping we would see some discounts. I am glad I did because it doesn't look like the Polynesian is available for my dates anymore - or at least on the Disney reservations. I'm still hoping there will be some type of discount offered but if not I will likely pay full price for the first time ever. Oh, Disney you mock me!!

I booked the Poly months ago for February 2022 hoping we would see some discounts. I am glad I did because it doesn't look like the Polynesian is available for my dates anymore - or at least on the Disney reservations. I'm still hoping there will be some type of discount offered but if not I will likely pay full price for the first time ever. Oh, Disney you mock me!!
Poly pops up randomly for an hour at a time in Feb and then disappears. So weird.

That's my worry availability. If I book ahead I'm guaranteed to at least have a spot. You can always book lower and go to a better resort when discounts hit and spend about the same if it's available.

Yeah, looking at 4/15-4/21. Normally I would expect a discount once we get past Easter, but not sure what to expect these days…
True. I know there is a thread discussing why there is no discounts for Fall 2021.

Glad I came across this thread, as we are curious about June 2022 possible discounts. I know the past does not necessarily predict the future, but it appears that in past Januarys, Disney would announce some discounts. We are still holding a Disney VISA, hoping they will offer a promotion through them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter