Any Honda HRV owners?

Patio

DIS Veteran
My lease on my Honda Civic is ending in May and was considering the HRV. Wondering what current owners think of this vehicle. Not sure if I am going to get another Civic or switch? Any pros/cons?

One of my daughters has one. In fact, DD18 used it for her driving test when she got her license!

They love the HRV. They had a couple of CRV's previously and loved them too.

One of my daughters has one. In fact, DD18 used it for her driving test when she got her license!

They love the HRV. They had a couple of CRV's previously and loved them too.

One of my sisters has a CR-V. Her husband got the HR-V because he needed SOME cargo space but not as much as the CR-V. They bought it used at 2 years old and he says it is his favorite car so far (previously he drove a Mini Cooper and a Rav-4).

Not sure what type of civic you have now, but my husband has a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring model. It has a much larger cargo space than a traditional civic without being a larger car overall, so if cargo space is your issue, consider the Civic hatchback.

I had an HRV for two years and traded for a CRV last year, the driver seat wasn't that comfortable and it was just a tad to small for my family.
Great car though....

My lease on my Honda Civic is ending in May and was considering the HRV. Wondering what current owners think of this vehicle. Not sure if I am going to get another Civic or switch? Any pros/cons?
Can't help you on your question, Patio, but wanted to take the opportunity to give you a shout out. Hope all is well with you and family. Always great to see you when you drop by, Patio. :wave:

I had one until a year ago and absolutely recommend them. My husband never liked it and started working at Toyota so he sold me a Rav-4, otherwise I would still be driving it. I love my Rav but there are things I miss about the HR-V. I really loved that car and the reason my husband hated it was because it was slightly too small for him to ride in comfortably as an overweight 6ft tall guy. He will be the first to say that it was a great car for me, but not a great car for us, and when we go places together, it is always in my car. For me, it was a comfortable ride, it handled great, was fantastic in the snow, had a great sized interior for the vehicle size, and was good on gas.

I had one until a year ago and absolutely recommend them. My husband never liked it and started working at Toyota so he sold me a Rav-4, otherwise I would still be driving it. I love my Rav but there are things I miss about the HR-V. I really loved that car and the reason my husband hated it was because it was slightly too small for him to ride in comfortably as an overweight 6ft tall guy. He will be the first to say that it was a great car for me, but not a great car for us, and when we go places together, it is always in my car. For me, it was a comfortable ride, it handled great, was fantastic in the snow, had a great sized interior for the vehicle size, and was good on gas.

What does he think about the Toyota CHR? I am between that one and the HRV but when I test drove I actually preferred the Toyota.

What does he think about the Toyota CHR? I am between that one and the HRV but when I test drove I actually preferred the Toyota.
To be honest, the demand for them is so low here that his dealership doesn't even maintain inventory of the CHR, so his experience with them is quite limited.

Can't help you on your question, Patio, but wanted to take the opportunity to give you a shout out. Hope all is well with you and family. Always great to see you when you drop by, Patio. :wave:
Hi Dan, so nice to see you as well. I don’t get on here as much as I used to, but, always enjoyed your posts. Hope you, Marie and family are doing well and staying healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter